Thread: Choppy Video Playback on Linux Mint

Choppy Video Playback on Linux Mint

I am having a Dual Core CPU, with 4GB of RAM, and a ATI HD3200 video card on my desktop machine which runs dual boot, 64 bit Windows Vista & Linux Mint 10. While running the Windows OS, There is no problem for watching the videos, even streaming videos shows the better results. But when I try to play (not streaming) video on Mint 10 then it shows much disappointing results as videos gets choppy and it does not gets full screen. Even when player is in full screen mode, Video stays small. I have tried to play the same video on 5 different players but all of them were working similarly. Can anybody tell me what could be the reason for such a graphic problem?

Re: Choppy Video Playback on Linux Mint

Problem seems to be with the drivers of your Linux Mint 10 operating system and there more possibility for such problem as you have installed the latest Mint operating system which might not be having any latest drivers installed on your machine and hence you are not able to play video smoothly by using any music player. I suggest you to update the drivers of your Linux Mint 10 and then check that it works for you or not.

It could be the video itself which might not be having larger resolution due to which even when you play it with the full screen mode of media player, It does not gets full screen. And when you try to stretch the video having a low resolution then it is but obvious that video is going to get choppy. I suggest you to check playing some other videos directly from the CD or DVD which may not show any such problem and if your OS can play smooth videos from the DVD then it means that there is nothing wrong with the Drivers.

If you are able to play the videos on your machine and it starts showing problem only while streaming the videos then you need to check about the browser as there could be some problematic with the browser due to which it is not able to stream the videos easily or may be properly on your machine. I suggest you to try using some other browser with the required plug ins for playing online videos. You must check it in the browser's settings as well.

It seems to be driver to me as well, If you are not able to get the accurate driver for your sound card to install on Linux operating system then you should check installing the drivers for similar type of sound card which might gets work. I think drivers are not made for only particular brand's hardware as they meant to be work with the operating system's environment.

In Linux Mint you can put over 32 000 packages from the software management load down without having to search the Internet must. (You have to be all things in many programs, convert (Internet Explorer -> Firefox, MS Office -> OpenOffice, Visual Basic -> gambas, etc.) If then, however, but once the case show that there is not what it looks like dark external sources. install is a bit difficult and is not as often. purchase games and other shareware are not used in most cases. To your multimedia stuff I would do with Linux Mint not worry. The go to non open source freeware and very easy to have the Flash Player pre-installed, unlike Windows. The same goes for drivers. LM used so easily access the Windows driver to access NTFS partitions can be. Media formats can be played much.