Thread: mint 10 error: No Boot Manager

mint 10 error: No Boot Manager

I am using computer from past 1 year.. I have recently installed Linux Mint 10 and windows Vista on my laptop. There was no error generated during the installation process. I have installed Vista into Drive 1 and it has NTFS partition where as Linux Mint 10 is installed into Drive 2.But after the restarting the laptop it directly took me to Vista without asking for the boot option. Now I am really stuck and unable to get boot option. Is there anyone having the solution? Pleas reply as soon as possible. I will really appreciate for your reply.

Re: mint 10 error: No Boot Manager

Well according to me Linux Mint 10 has created a partition on the second driver that can be boot. Already windows Vista is installed on your computer so there two boot able partitions are formed on your hard disk. I am opinion that you have to format the second driver as logical partition in order to install your Linux Mint 10 on your hard disk. You have to deal with Gparted to achieve the same.

I am having certain steps that may give brief idea to boot your Linux Mint 10. According to your situation I guess you have selected /dev/sdb to boot your computer. You have to restart your computer and press F2 or Del key to enter in to set up. You have to select second hard disk as the first boot device from the CMOS set up. Once you have done you can exit from the setup and let the computer starts. If you have installed GRUB2 in to MBR then it will directly boot into Linux Mint 10. Thanks for reading above mentioned information

I don’t know why it is happening on your computer but I am having some steps that may you apply and I think it may solve your problem. For this solution you must have installed GRUB on your computer. You have to press the Shift key to during the start of the computer in order to get boot menu on the screen. Once the Linux Mint 10 is booted you have to use sudo update-grub command. You have to run this command on the terminal. I hope it will fix your problem. Wish you all the best for the same. Please hare your experience so that other users can learn from it.

If you are unble to enter the boot menu by pressing the shift key then you may use the following . grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg. I hope it will work for you. If still the problem persists you can download EasyBCD software from the official website. Well this is free ware software available on the internet. It allows you to setting up and configure dual boot system. It has many exciting features so try it may help you to solve your issue.