Thread: Windows 7: Extender Setup Permission Denied for Xbox 360

Windows 7: Extender Setup Permission Denied for Xbox 360

Hello friends, I was formerly using the Windows Media Center extender through my Xbox 360 on my system which was running the Windows XP OS. I now have set-up my machine with the Windows 7 and am trying to another time setup the extender for the Xbox 360 however I am having a difficulty. The Xbox 360 is capable of sign-in to Xbox live as a result it can observe the internet and it can observe my device as it is capable to join by means of TVersity. On the Windows 7 device, I went to Windows Media Center setup through the Tasks; it saw the extender Xbox 360. I then tried to organize it, I entered the key and then I error message that "The attempted action did not complete because permission was denied. Choose Next to try again." No idea what this authorization deprived of error means or how to approve it. Please help.

Re: Windows 7: Extender Setup Permission Denied for Xbox 360

I want to ask you think whether you had logged in as an administrator. I would like to recommend you that login as an administrator and then afterward try to setup the Xbox 360 extender and then check it whether it helps you out. If still you are facing the problem then I would recommend you that you to enable the built-in admin account and after that try an attempt to setup the Xbox 360 extender and make sure whether it helps in setting up your problem.

You ought to initially recognize that you are setting your computer at risk if you run underneath the built-in Administrator account. This account is put out of action by default in order to develop your computer’s safety from malware. If you just want to keep away from the User Account Control prompts, you can modify this setting effortlessly by going to the Action Center, and clicking Change User Account Control settings.

If you are still facing the problem then I prefer to enable the build-in Administrator account. After that follow these steps. At the start click on to the Start button and then from the search box type cmd. After that you will get the result then you right click on to the cmd and then hit it off the option Run as Administrator. Secondly from the command prompt type net user administrator /active: yes, and after that push the Enter button. Enter the net user administrator Password, and after that press ENTER. After that you type exit and then click the Enter button and then log off the existing user account

If you encompass an Extender that worked with previous Windows OS, then it must work with Windows 7 as well. For instance, the Xbox 360, which contains built-in Media Center Extender functionality, will work out by means of Windows 7. Older Extender models that were developed for make use of by means of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 will not labor with Windows 7. Be confirming to read the well print on the Extender box prior to making a purchase. Connection difficulties can take place while you're setting up an Extender, otherwise after the Extender was fruitfully set up. Also While setting up the Extender try restarting your system, your Extender, and your network hub, router, or switch.