Thread: Adding repositories To Linux Mint 8

Adding repositories To Linux Mint 8

I have been making use of the Linux since long and also it is that I have never done any kind of the changes in the system that is being used by me and have been making the sue of the system that is still present in the system that is being used by me. The Linux system that I am just making use of is of the Linux Mint 8. My plans are to add the repositories to the system of the Linux that is being used by me. And also the thing is that I am just planning to make the upgrades in the system of the Linux that I am just making use by adding the extra features of the repositories.

Re: Adding repositories To Linux Mint 8

If you are planning to add repositories to the system of the Linux Mint 8 then you have to make the use of the Synaptic, and also you have to reload the system of the Synaptic that is basically used for the system of the Linux Mint. This step is just the easiest step as in this step you don’t have to type anything and just make use of the file that has been told to you and also you can make the details of the repositories that have been added to the System of the Linux Mint 8 that just have been added.

And the easiest of the ways other than the one that is given above is the one that is given below:
    Just type the code that is:
    Code:
    sudo apt sources
    And if you are updating the files then you just to type the code that is given below:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    And you will easily get all the updates and the updates will be proper for the system that you are just making use of and the extra repositories will work fine for the system that has been deployed out that is of the Linux Mint 8.

And if you still find this step a little waste of time then you can just type the simple code of the “sudo apt sources” . When you have just typed the above letters then you got to type the option of the new repository that will be given in the bottom and then save the file and then quit after the work has been done for it. And there are other commands also but the best one out of all is this one because you are just typing only one word that is of sudo apt sources, then you just continue with the source files that will add up the repositories for the system that you are making use of.

If it something related to the repository keys the you have to run the command that is given below:
    Code:
    echo "deb http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/ubuntu karmic main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list && apt-get update
    This command helps you to add the details of the repository keys in the file that is present in the system that you are just trying to make use of. The repository keys are the factor that plays an important role for the files, which are being used for the processing in the Linux Mint. The repositories can also be called the extra files that are being used for the better functioning of the system which helps to add additional features to the Linux operating system that is being used by you.