Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to avail the "Save Target As" option

Operating Systems

Old 02-01-2011

Unable to avail the "Save Target As" option

Hello friends, I had currently been upgraded with the Windows 7 operating System. The problem I get is when I right click on to the any of the Pictures and videos in that the option "save target as" is there but not avail. Previously I was not having any such problem with similar pictures and videos, I think that I modified a setting within the control panel and the upgrades were made but not convinced if that?s what caused it?

Old 02-01-2011

Re: Unable to avail the "Save Target As" option

Try to follow these steps and then check it out whether it get fixes with this kind of the issue: initially get to the Start button on the Windows. In that click on to the Run option. In Run Window type the command regedit and then press the Enter button. Navigate to the given registry path: ?HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions?. Then have the Parameter: NoBrowserSaveAs. Then you type string. If the parameter is set to 1 then File/Save as menu is disabled. To enable it then ypu have to set the parameter to the 0 or else remove it.
Old 02-01-2011

The significant thing is that this segment, technique, or task holds the steps that notify you how to alter the registry. Nevertheless, severe difficulties may get takes place if you alter the registry imperfectly. As a result, confirm that you follow the above suggested steps cautiously. For additional security, back up the registry sooner than you change it. Then, you can reinstate the registry if a difficulty takes place.
Old 02-01-2011

Hope the target which you are saving is with the help of the Internet Explorer or any kind of the web browser. I comprehend that the 'save target as' option is missing when you right
click on picture. To work around with this try to follow this technique: Disable Content Advisor by following these steps in Internet Explorer:
1. Open up the Internet Explorer windows in that click to the View menu, and in that click on to the Internet Options.
2. Secondly in that Internet option click on to the Content tab.
3. Beneath Content Advisor, hit it off the option of Disable.
4. Within the Password box, type the supervisor password, and after that click OK.
5. When you obtain the prompt, then you click OK.
Old 02-01-2011

I have no suggestion if this is what your difficulty is, but I have observed numerous situations complaining that Internet Explorer unexpectedly misplaces the capability to store graphics as whatever thing other than bmp files. The confirmed answer to that problem is to remove the IE temporary files, through the Tools, from that Internet Options choose "DeleteFiles" in the part below "Temporary Internet Files". If this repairs your difficulty, then you may want to moreover remove these files more frequently otherwise set aside additional room for them: hit it off the "Settings" push button which is after to the "Delete Files" button. Hope this will help you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,