Thread: Windows Vista won't boot

Windows Vista won't boot

Hey, there.

First of all I apologise if this thread doesn't make any 'technical' sense. I'm not brilliant with computers.

--

I have a Toshiba A200 - T3200 (runs Windows Vista Home Premium) which very suddenly* has started to have problems starting. Meaning it won't boot (the logo doesn't even appear), even after the start up recovery (I'm not sure it's called that - I have my computer in portuguese) runs. I tried starting the computer with the last good known configurations - and it worked fine the first time - but a couple of hours later the computer blocked and crashed and know it doesn't work.

I've also tried running the computer in safe mode and then trying the 'system recovery' (?), but it tells me it'll take about three hours but it only takes about five minutes and then restarts. I'm not sure it completes the process (it says it's completed . . .) .

In the end Windows still doesn't boot properly and when it does (after continuously repeating this process or the start up recovery (?) process) it blocks soon afterwards forcing me to restart it.

ALSO, sometimes when trying safe mode/safe mode with net it'll stop at crcdisk.sys .

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the computer and if/how can I fix it?

I'm sorry if this post was too ridiculous.

Thank you,
    Kathy

P.S. I apologize in advance if there are any threads too similar to this one. I've searched through some, but none of them have appear to describe the exact same problem.

* The day before my computer went insane there was a small lightning storm. I noticed a 'spark' "pass" through my Internet cable. Afterwards I did shut down and remove the Internet. However, could that be the reason for the computers malfunctioning?

I've got my "recovery product" CD, and in last chance (before I go cry for someone to fix it and leave me without computer for three weeks) I'll try and use it.
    Last edited by Kathy . C; 01-01-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Re: Windows Vista won't boot

As you have hard shut down the computer due to the Lightening on your internet Cable so it might be possible that Windows System file got corrupted. When we do the hard shut down at that Windows unable to restore the system file from the Logical memory and due to which it got corrupted. So it is better to repair the Windows Vista installation and then check for same. Also it is advisable to run Security program to check for infection in system.