Thread: Disabling user name and password

Disabling user name and password

I have recently started to use Linux into my computer. I am the single user of my computer. It asks for the username and the password whenever it starts. Is there any way to disable this feature in Linux so that I can bypass and direct myself to the login screen? Anyone having the suggestion pleases reply. Your response will be highly appreciated by me. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanking you in advance.

Re: Disabling user name and password

Well you have to perform following steps to achieve your goal. Select Administration into Menu. Now browse to Login Window. Now you have to select Security Tab in this window. Now you have to click on the Enable Automatic Login. In this setting you can disable the password feature and you can also set how much time machine will wait before the boot. I hope it will help you to solve your problem.

If the above suggested solution working for you then you can apply the following to disable the password feature. Simply click on the Administration from the Linux Mint menu. Now you have to click and open the User and Group. You will find User settings where you can disable the feature. Please try it and let me know whether it worked for you. Thanking you for reading this stuff. All the best.

Press Alt + 2 and then Run Seahorse. Now you have to right click on the Passwords: login and from the right click menu you have to select Change Password. A window will appear on the screen it will ask you for the current password of yours. You have to enter current password at the Old password. Now you have to press OK, Now a new window will appear on the screen you have to click on Use unsafe storage. Now it will not ask for the password before the startup. However you have to password while executing the programs that really needs root privilege