Thread: Unable to perform complete formation of Windows 7

Unable to perform complete formation of Windows 7

I have a computer with Windows XP. I had install windows 7 through the free trial period. When the completion of the trial period came near I had to uninstall windows 7. It had not got rid of anything to do with windows 7. I tried to remove the files it left behind and it won’t let me. I tried to format the partition I installed it in and it doesn’t permit me. Now when I restarted up my computer it tries to get start with windows 7. I need to restart and press F10 to get to the previous version of windows. I need your help to remove Windows 7 completely from my computer.

Re: Unable to perform complete formation of Windows 7

You can check it from simple test for that first Shut down the computer and detached the SATA cable from the second drive. Turn on and check if you can boot to Windows XP or not? If windows XP boots fine, then turn of the power and plug the cable again and boot to Windows XP and with the use of Disk Management remove every the partitions from the second drive, the drive should now displays Unallocated space then make partition and execute a Full format for every partition you make.

If you are using a multiboot system with Windows 7 installed on a computer that is also using an previous version of Windows, such as Windows XP, then you can able to remove Windows 7 safely from the computer, depending on setup of the computer. For performing this, you require formatting the partition including Windows 7, or remove it completely. This permits the previous operating system to get back the disk space.

If you are using multiboot screen and want to delete Windows 7 then first open system configuration by clicking the Start button then click on Control Panel then click on clicking System and Security then select Administrative Tools and then click twice on the System Configuration. If you are prompted for an administrator password or verification, enter the password or give verification. Now click the Boot tab, and then click on the listing for Windows 7. Then click on delete and then on OK after this restart you r computer once and check.

I think this problem comes because some of the file of windows 7 is still not completely formatted from the computer. To format the complete Windows 7 partition, you require starting your computer using the previous version of Windows. Formatting process of a partition deletes the all data on the partition but keeps the partition on your harddrive. Removing a partition from computer results in unallocated disk space on the hard drive. You can make additional partitions from this space or also expand a presented partition so that it can create use of the space.