Thread: Windows Vista stuck at loading screen after using recovery cd

Windows Vista stuck at loading screen after using recovery cd

my vista wont boot ive tried using my recovery cd got it to use it to the point it loading window files then it just does the cycle of the count down page please beware im not really good on computors but really need help here

Re: Windows Vista stuck at loading screen after using recovery cd

It seems to be the issue with the onboard driver which is failed while Windows Vista loading the driver for same. It is better to disable the onboard device and then try to load the Windows Vista which will help you to run the same. Also check whether you system having enough compatibility to install same or not. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working for your issue or not.

If System Restore and Startup Repair don't work, try to boot into safe mode (repeatedly click the F8 key while booting and go to safe mode with networking). Then let's check some of your system files:

Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / Command prompt and right click on command prompt and click run as Administrator.

Type sfc /scannow and enter and let it run. It will scan and try to fix some of your system files. Hopefully it will complete with no corruption it could not repair (if there is such corruption post back here or try to analyze it to find the problem file(s) using http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228.

While in Command Prompt, type chkdsk /f /r and enter and let it run. It will scan and try to fix any corruption or bad sectors on your hard drive and mostly remove that as a cause.

Check suggestions given in similar topics here - Vista installation freezes after "Windows is loading files..."
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1101291.htm
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/914835.htm
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1078335.htm

please make sure your recovery dvd is fine without any scratches..should not be the issue here..try everything that James 911 has suggested..though I dont think in this case you will be able to boot into safe mode...worth a try anyway...also mext time please post the message you are getting if you are getting any message..there should be something...startup repair should work..just get a vista repair cd this should work -------------->

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4606...ir_Disk..small and easy to download

wow lots of feed back thankyou for helping me im trying everything will let you know how i get on

im not sure how to disable the on board devise.
    ive done the f8 key thing a can get to this menu but what ever one i try it always goes back to the error page and countdown
    also i the laptop im on does not know the file im trying to down load or torrent thing

these are the only display menus im getting up (f8)....advanced boot options.... ....windows error recovery..... its sometimes looks like its going to boot for 1 second when i get a glimps of the little windows corp or something think it would normaly show a green band but before it gets chance to do the green thing its goes back to the windows error recovery menu

This happens due to a corrupt hard drive or bad sector in the hard disk. For that you can do one thing to troubleshoot that. First remove the hard drive and connect the same to a different computer. Boot it with bootable disk. You can try ubcd to run diagnostic test of the hard drive. This will provide you result on what is the issue with the hard disk.

oh not good then so wot can i do i really need these pictures of our son they are from 6mths to 1yr she is going to pull me apart if they are gone for ever is there away to get to them still if its ruined cant affored to take it some where im worried now

any ideas please come forward