Thread: Do jar files supports Linux version

Do jar files supports Linux version

Hello Friends, I had recently started using Linux mint on my laptop which quite old. I am enjoying to use Linux mint but the thing is that its sometime quite confusing. I am not able to understand of its applications and features. I decided to use this laptop for which I can use it as hosting servers for games. So, then I recently installed a game in it with a Linux version and the format of the game was in jar. I am strucked over as I not able run or you can say notable to launch the file. I tried it in many ways but it did not worked for me. So, anyone of you has any idea about launching this game then please let me know as soon as possible.

re: Do jar files supports Linux version

It’s quite good to hear that you are using Linux mint. Usually many of them avoid it due to its complexity. But, once you know about then it’s quite easy to use. The solution is quite easy you need to first right click on the properties then there you will find an option as permission, click on that permission there you will find an option as mark as executable. Make sure that you disable this property after that you will easily able to install the .java format file in Linux mint.

I think that you should try using Java 6.0 edition while launching this .jar file format in Linux mint. I am not sure but I think that it can resolve your problem. One thing you must be aware that the file which you are trying to launch should not be copied or downloaded from an untrusted source. It will be quite treacherous to use. You should copy or download it from the official site. This is what I can advise you to do so.

I don’t think that Java 6.0 will enable it to use .jar format file in Linux mint. I agree to the point that you need to go in property where you will find an option as permission in which you have to enable the mark as executable option. This is it, nothing further changes is required. You will not require running java 6.0 versions or any other version of it. Though, Linux mint is bit confusing to understand but it’s not that difficult to understand.

Well, the solution is indeed right but as you said that you are having a old laptop where in you have installed the Linux mint as your operating system. If it is the situation then I think that you will be having problems in future even if it starts working with .jar format in file in Linux mint. I will suggest that you should either change your laptop or you should change its configuration so that it works quite efficiently.