Thread: Cannot save files even after login as administrator on Windows 7

Cannot save files even after login as administrator on Windows 7

I was having Microsoft Windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. Last night while browsing the internet there was virus attack and due to this virus attack my operating system files got corrupted. So I formatted the system and installed Windows 7 operating system on my desktop. My system was working fine when I updated all my drivers and also installed Kaspersky antivirus with the latest update. I am facing problem while saving Microsoft word files in my window7 operating system. I have logged in the system as administrator to resolve this issue but could not succeed. I need a solution so that successfully save the created file.

Re: Cannot save files even after login as administrator on Windows 7

If you are facing problem while saving files then you need to check whether the Administrators group has been removed from the “Backup Files and Directories” user right. If the administrator group has been removed then you might not save the file. To save the file you need to create local administrator group. To create local administrator group you might need to follow the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and then click on the run window from the start menu.
    2. In the run window you may need to type “secpol.msc” and press enter key.
    3. Double click on local policies and then click on User Rights Assignment.
    4. You need to select Back up Files and directories option from the User Rights Assignment option, click on add button and then double click on the Local Administrators group.
    5. Click on ok button. Now the local administrator group has been added and you can now save the file to check if the problem has been resolve.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have added local administrator group and the problem of saving the file has been resolved. I have created a new account and I want to give the file permission but I am unaware of the steps to give the file permission and therefore I need a solution which will help me in giving the file permissions.

You can easily give the file permission. To give the file permission you may need to follow the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and make sure that you have logged in as administrator.
    2. Double click on the "My Computer" icon from the desktop. You need to double click on the primary hard drive.
    3. Open the primary hard drive such as C: drive and browse to the share folder.
    4. Right click on the file and select "Properties”. A new window will open after selecting properties option.
    5. You need to click on "Security Tab under "Properties" window.
    6. Select the user with whom you want to share this file and click on level of sharing you want to allow underneath the "Permissions" tab.
    7. You may click on "Full Control” check box if you want to give whole permission. If you have selected “Read only” then the user may only read the file but can’t edit.