Thread: Want to run TS-7553 Microcontroller Network on linux

Want to run TS-7553 Microcontroller Network on linux

I have comprised a microcontroller and I desire to create a correlation by means of a lan card (a pc on a lan) utilizing TCP/IP. I imagine utilizing the lan card IC to control the protocol, additional than I necessitate to write a driver for it on my hardware. Be able to anyone help me to write the driver. I am experienced (approximately) on 8051 microcontroller. Not merely determine to you necessitate to write the packet driver, additional than you determine to encompass to write the TCP/IP stack, too. If you ask for "assist to write the driver", then you almost certainly necessitate hiring a programmer. If you have comprised specific query, ask situation them to the newsgroups.

Re: Want to run TS-7553 Microcontroller Network on linux

It is pleasant discussion of how to position into practice a actually diminutive TCP/IP stacks. They does not make available an 8051 implementation, additional than his C code determine to work on a PIC. The PICDEM.net demo board commencing from Microchip and TCP/IP bend forward go hand in hand. There is an in addition an Atmel explanation by means of the intention of my former assistant did. If I had to implement it, I would almost certainly purchase a picdem.net board and endeavor to reuse the code. By means of the Atmel ATWEBSEG32 module you be able to attach your 8051 utilizing the Serial port and do not encompass to be familiar by means of no matter which regarding TCP/IP. The module has the Wiznet and an 8051. I do not be familiar by means of how to utilize it though, additional than for an 8bit chip, this is incredible I am definitely going to be looking into at present.

The DS80C400 network microcontroller presents the highest integration obtainable in an 8051 apparatus. Peripherals comprise a 10/100 Ethernet MAC, three serial ports, a be able to 2.0B controller, 1-Wire Master, and 64 I/O pins. To facilitate to have right of entry to the network, a full submission simple to acquire to TCP IPv4/6 network stack and OS are make obtainable in ROM. The network stack sustains or maintains up to 32 simultaneous TCP correlations and know how to transfer up to 5Mbps commencing from side to side the Ethernet MAC. Its utmost system clock occurrence of 75MHz results in a minimum instruction cycle time of 54ns. To have right of entry to large program or data memory areas is simplify by means of a 24-bit addressing proposal by means of the intention of sustains or maintains up to 16MB of contiguous memory.

At work I am attempting to set up a wireless microcontroller for catalog functions. I necessitate it to attach to the internet via wireless and almost certainly Ethernet as well. I have comprised it in my office, and I have encompassed and been messing approximately by means of it for days attempting to acquire it to work as I had planned. Right at present, I am capable to attach to it wirelessly subsequent to boot-up. It has a wireless card in one of the usb slots. The merely difficulty is by means of the intention of subsequent to booting down via unplugging the micro-controller (replicate a power-failure, which might be common in its expectations environment) the entire the wireless correlation are lost and I must defaulting to eth0 the entire in excess of again. I am certain I have comprised and missed something extremely simple, additional than if you encompass any suggestions; let me be familiar by means of the network is WEP so I am utilizing a 10 digit hex pass.

At the moment I have twisted on my HP Pavilion dv6 3070eh laptop and the NIC’s leds in progress flashing gradually and consistently. It was a bit strange, additional than when the OS loaded it was even weirder for the reason by means of the intention of I might not attach to several wired networks. First I consideration the cable went wrong, additional than took an additional one and by means of the intention of did not work too. Endeavor ifconfig eth0, it said no such apparatus exists. In addition booted Windows 7 encountered the similar tribulations there too, even though apparatus manager said there are no tribulations. Then, subsequent to approximating an hour of Google and rebooting many times, it’s running the entire in excess of again. So right at present it’s ok, additional than I fear this is simply temporary.

I have presently set up my innovative gigabit network and when I was regarding to enlarge the MTU to utilize jumbo frames, I acquire this error unacceptable argument might anybody assist me to increase the MTU. NETGEAR GS105, working with Ubuntu 10.10 and Debian Lenny on desktop, server correspondingly. Help would be to a great extent appreciated, I am endeavoring to attach to my VMWare (Workstation 7.1.3) apparatus (Ubuntu Lucid) via SSH. I have comprised and read through some additional position, additional than I not be able to stature this out. If I endeavor to attach via Putty SSH to any of those addresses, it does not work. I in addition endeavor connecting to my IP address (commencing from whatismyip). Make a note of this is the entire taking place on the similar desktop computer.