Thread: My laptop touchpad fails on linux mint 10 RC

My laptop touchpad fails on linux mint 10 RC

Several help would be extremely much appreciated, for the reason by means of the intention of the laptop determines to almost immediately be going out of the window. My touchpad does not run on linux mint several of them it runs extremely well on linux and was a custom built laptop by pc dedicated my toucpad in windows come up as ps/2 touchpad. It’s been a tribulations for at the same time as at present a portable mouse works extremely well by means of linux. Do not be familiar by means of regarding the touchpad thingy, additional than a portable mouse (wired or not) works extremely well by means of mint.

Re: My laptop touchpad fails on linux mint 10 RC

The Midipoke is a MIDI controller for Synaptic touchpads on laptops. The tpconfig is a package to drive sustain or maintain for the Synaptics TouchPad and ALPS Glidepad/Stickpointer beneath an assortment of flavors of UNIX, even though Linux is presently the primary target. There is a patched version or description of GPM to take benefit of the advanced characteristic of the Synaptics touchpad. The QSynaptics is a QT pedestal arrangement usefulness for the synaptics touchpad driver. It utilizes the synclient/syndaemon tools dispense by the X11 driver, which is commencing from Peter Osterlund. synaptiks is a touchpad submission for KDE 4. It makes obtainable a touchpad arrangement component for System Settings, and a service by means of the intention of switches the touchpad off mechanically if exterior mice are plugged in or if the keyboard is energetic.

If I restart the X server, the Touchpad runs in anticipation of I shift the USB mouse. Then the touchpad repudiate to do everything. If I log into KDE, and commence YaST2 Mouse config, selecting the PS2 mouse (i.e the touchpad) runs whilst I am testing it, additional than as almost immediately as I apply it, bam, it stops running the entire in excess of again. The entire those at the same time as this are going on the USB mouse is running extremely well. Have spent the entire afternoon inside vi fiddling approximately by means of XF86Config, additional than not anything seems to get things back the way they were. I have comprised and reverted to a backup XF86Config by means of the intention of was unquestionably running previous to, and the Touchpad tranquil refuses to work.

If you are departing to send it out the window, let me be familiar by means of when and where I determine to catch it previous to it hits the ground and encompass an innovative laptop. Do not be familiar by means of if this determine to assist or not additional than my touchpad kept interfering by means of my work and I might not locate where to turn it off in conclusion got some assist commencing from a co-worker - there is a BIOS setting for pointing apparatus by means of the intention of desirable to be misrepresented - of course, this was on a DELL so I am not positive if it determine to assist or not. Worth checking out. If not, then I determine to be hanging approximately your window, I thought it might be a unfastened correlation, additional than a couple of screws on the bottom are "threaded" by the preceding owner, so I not be able to get inside to take a look.

The whole thing was running extremely well when my laptop got shut down subsequent to a battery failure. At present, on restarting, the system hangs at the login screen. If I secure the lid and reopen it, the keyboard seems to run and I be able to enter password and login, additional than the touchpad does not work at the entire and all the functions by means of the intention of were to be performed at the same time as holding the function key seems to occur mechanically (For illustration when I press 0, an additional key gets typed). What be supposed to I revolutionize in the mouse settings. The whole thing is previously appropriately set, immediately by means of the intention of the touchpad and the clicks are not running. Immediately to bring up to date you, this is installed on a Gateway 450SX4 laptop by means of a Synaptic Touchpad.

I am not capable to utilize my touchpad for controlling the mouse cursor on-screen. This seems to merely encompass an effect on one profile, as I logged on as an additional user and be able to utilize the touchpad to control the mouse w/o problem. I checkered under Control Center > Touchpad and Enable Touchpad is selected, on the other hand I not be able to control the mouse cursor beneath my most important profile. I do not recall doing no matter which previous to to put out of action this, and in addition beneath Sessions in Control Center the startup program Touchpad is preferred there. The entire in excess of again, this is merely affecting my most important profile, as I set up an additional account for testing and was capable to control the cursor by means of the touchpad.