Thread: How to mount the NTFS partition for Linux Mint

How to mount the NTFS partition for Linux Mint

I currently installed Linux Mint on my computer. I contain 2 NTFS partitions that I'm capable to read as well as write. Yet I appreciate that they are not mount when are not used; in Dolphin, the NTFS units (C as well as D) come into view as un-mounted until I select them, and I even am inquire to give the root password. I arranged Miro so it store podcasts on a register under D drive; yet after a new boot plus running it the initial time, Miro replies that it cannot find the podcasts register and since drive D is not mounted until I explicitly do so on Dolphin. Is there a technique to mount C as well as D on startup, to accurate this Miro trouble?

Re: How to mount the NTFS partition for Linux Mint

I recently I have observe a number of people demanding to get partitions to mount on boot. This is comprehensible since Ubuntu, therefore Mint, does not auto mount all division by default any longer. There is good information on this matter in the Wikipedia but I yet observe lots of questions so either people don’t understand or they are not searching the wiki for answers before posting. My reason here is to give you a rapid orientation for auto mounting on boot, the three of the majority ordinary partition types. In either your Software Manager or Synaptic, install ntfs-config. It will make out your ntfs drives and permit you to arrange them to read/write permissions. It will not release up (as it has for me at times) in workstation just type ntfs-config. That should open the gui program for the partition of drive.

In order to auto mount a partition on boot, two criterions must be meet. First, you must have a folder wherever in the Linux file system to be worn as a mount position. It can be named whatever thing you wish. By convention, it should be situated in /media as well asor /home, but it could be placed approximately anywhere you desire. I would advise you to desist from putting it in other places as it is approximately always superior to stick with the supposition that time has proven to be the most practical as well as serviceable

The another method is you should put the suitable mounting lines in your /etc/fstab file to attach or build up the partition to the folder you have selected to be the escalate point. The fstab file is run on system boot as well as does the mounting procedure automatically as defined therein. There is at present three division identifiers in general usage. The inheritance /dev/sdxx identifier has been about since dirt was still clean. This is the identifier you observe on the far left of the parted division table screen. With the mixed exercise of numerous types of storage media this type of identifier can current some problems so other exceptional identifiers have been developed.

The another technique, which is the default performed by Ubuntu as well as Mint, is UUID. UUID is a sequence of characters, correspondence numbers, created by the PC to exclusively recognize a partition. The UUID of a partition can be establish by typing in a terminal:

su- do vol_id -u /dev/sdxx
    To get a record of all the UUIDs in the system type in a terminal:
    sudo blkid

Example: UUID=010619e3-7c3f-43c3-b71f-133f736c8bff /home/fred/data ext3 ..