Thread: Troubleshooting screen resolution in Mint 10

Troubleshooting screen resolution in Mint 10

I have switched myself from windows 7 to Linux Mint 10 operating system on Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop. All I have updated my operating system with the latest update patch. I wanted to change the screen resolution in my laptop. So I tried to change the resolution but after changing the screen resolution and clicking on ok button my laptop screen was restored to previous resolution and I need a solution which will help me in changing the resolution of my laptop without any problem.

Re: Troubleshooting screen resolution in Mint 10

If you are changing the screen resolution and the screen resolution then you might need to check whether the graphics drivers are installed on your system. If the graphics drivers are not installed then you might need to install it. After the installation of graphics drivers you can change the resolution to check if the resolution problem has been solved.

You should also download and install the latest update for your driver. If the driver are installed in your system and you have not updated then you may face many type of problem such as screen will flicker, resolution problem etc. Updating the driver latest update keeps your system update. You can get the driver update from the Microsoft website. After updating the driver with the latest update the resolution problem may be resolved.

You must make sure that you are installing correct driver. If have installed wrong driver then you might face problem. Also if you are trying to change the screen resolution then because of the wrong driver installed in your system, you might be prevented from changing the screen resolution. You might need to uninstall the wrong driver and install the correct driver. After installing the proper video driver you can try changing the resolution to check if the problem has been resolved.

If you are having screen resolution problem after installing proper driver then you may need to check that the driver is not corrupted. If the drivers are corrupted then you might need to uninstall the driver from the system. After uninstalling the driver you may restart the system. After the system has been restarted you can install the driver. When the driver installation is completed you can change the resolution to check if the problem has been solved.