Thread: Can I toggle to Linux Min 10 while running Windows application

Can I toggle to Linux Min 10 while running Windows application

I have got a desktop system . I am having a dual boot system, I have installed system in my computer , one is Windows 7 and the other is Linux Min10 version , Can anyone please state the basic things about the dual boot or point me to a good link on how to dual boot. I assume this is so that one can switch between running Windows applications and Linux after booting up. I am waiting for your response.

Re: Can I toggle to Linux Min 10 while running Windows application

I see you are discussing about 2 distinct things here. If you are talking about a dual boot with windows and Linux then if you have both operating systems on the same computer then you will require GRUB installed. If are working Windows at one instant then you can install Linux and it will install Grub without your or anyone’s intervention. I think you can also make the use of Wine.

You will have to decrease the size of Linux's partition (if you used the complete hard drive) in order to install windows 7 operating system ; it's the similar scenario if you appended Linux to a windows setup (you will decrease windows partition) in order to install Linux into that vacant space.It doesnot matter if the Linux support specified are not the same as Mint, they will all be setup (dual-booted) in a similar manner, by making the use of it

You will require to use Wubi if you do not want to any alterations in the partition structure because in linux_0 you can only make 4 main partitions. This is quite straightforward. Just run file that will be the installer on the disk from inside Windows and go after the very simple prompts. It's the most simple way of installing any operating system . The drawback is that because it is installed to an NTFS partition used by Windows it will part quicker than you expected .

But let me tell you that it also comes with a prospect of a few peculiarity in the Wubi system resulting in odd issues , I have never done before and I do not recommend you either , so if you want I can suggest you the alternative on how to switch it , I think you can work on the VMWARE , this will help you switch the application from Linux to the Windows operating system .