Thread: Troubleshooting Update not working in Mint 10

Troubleshooting Update not working in Mint 10

I was having Mint 10 operating system on Acer Aspire 4920 Laptop. Recently I have updated all the drivers and also I have downloaded the update patch for my Mint 10 operating system. When I tried to install the update then I was facing problem. I double clicked on the update patch so that the installation could be started. When the update starts to load the system freezes and I need to restart the system due to the system restart the installation could not be installed and therefore I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting Update not working in Mint 10

If you are having problem while installing the update for your Mint10 operating system then you may follow the steps given below to update it.
    1. You need to start the system and then open the homepage of the Linux OS which you are currently using.
    2. You need to check the update version for you operating system on the home page.
    3. After finding the update you may need to download it. Updating the operating system with the latest version keeps your operating system updated.
    4. Click on the installation files which you have downloaded. You need to follow the prompts to update your operating system and the operating system will be updated.

If the updation is failing during the installation then you can turn on your operating system to automatic update. You can set the Mint 10 operating system to automatic update by following the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and access the YaST tool by going to the kicker, select System and from the system select YaST. Enter the password if you are prompted.
    2. Click on the software screen in the YaST window. In the software tab select “online update”.
    3. Click on the "Configure Fully Automatic Update" button and you need to make sure that the checkbox next to "Enable Automatic Update" is checked.
    4. After clicking on next button, Mint 10 operating system will be updated automatically.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to set the automatic update button on. Now my Mint 10 operating system is updating itself automatically. I am having java software installed on my system and I want to update it but I am unaware of the steps to update it. I need a solution which will help me in updating my java software on my Mint 10 platform.

If you want to update the java software on Mint 10 platform then you may follow the steps given below:
    1. You need to login into Mint 10 operating system as the root administrator.
    2. You need to go to the Java website from where you can download the update.
    3. You need to select the platform from the drop-down box next to "Platform" and check the box directly below to agree to the Java license agreement.
    4. Click on download button and save the file to the "/usr/lib" file folder on your computer.
    5. You need to start the command prompt and type “cd /usr/lib”. Press enter after typing the command.
    6. You need to type “chmod 777” hit the space bar key followed by the name of the file you downloaded.
    7. Type "./" followed by the downloaded file name and press "Enter". You need to press the enter key and navigate to the window that appears. Type yes, when you reach the licensing acceptance prompt and press "Enter”.
    8. Now the java software will be updated on Mint 10 platform