Thread: DVD set of software in Linux Mint 10.10

DVD set of software in Linux Mint 10.10

I have a query that I think a lot of would like to make out Is there a way to purchase a Linux Mint 10.10 DVD that has further software in addition to what the usual install has? I also want to know about the features of the Linux 10.10. One of my friend has no Internet access in addition to basically lives should I utter "Way out in the picky weeds" and is in anxious requirement of software that is typically installed from the repositories. In additional words, is there a DVD set that has the most well-liked software for Linux Mint 10.10. so anyone has any idea then reply me.
    Last edited by mohurrum; 30-12-2010 at 04:53 AM.

Re: DVD set of software in Linux Mint 10.10

Of course, receiving the DVD won't answer the problem your friend has anyhow. I would suggest he get a superior friend who can assist by downloading the .deb files of the correspondence he desires to append that aren't on the DVD, then blaze them to a CD or put them on a flash drive and captivating them to him. An additional alternative, which might be improved, would be to have him set up his computer the next time he's leaving where there is internet as well as hook it up as well as update the whole thing, then add the packages he wants.

If I interpret your query properly, you are appear for a CD/DVD with extra software not integrated in the normal Mint CD/DVD ISO files. As extreme as I recognize, there is not anything commercially obtainable that fills this requisite. You can formulate one with AptonCD (Menu=.supervision=>AptonCD). Initial, you must obtain a list from your friend of precisely which programs he wants and install them on your system. Open AptonCD and, in the primary window, select "Create". A subsequent window will open with a record of all programs you have installed because you installed this edition of Mint. (Default programs installed with the Operating System from the unique media are not integrated).

When you have your ultimate selections prepared to go, select the "Burn". The program will generate an ISO file with the chosen applications on it as well as location it in your /home folder. From there, you can exercise the burner you prefer to write the ISO to a CD just like burning an ISO of Mint. drive the CD to your friend and inform him to use it like this. Open Package administrator then put in the CD in his CD-ROM drive. Package administrator will install the programs he chooses from the CD.

I think you must buy the proper DVD set for the Linux mint 10.00 because if you need the most popular driver which are presently previously inside this DVD set the. You must but from the official website. Generally they provide the DVD set with all the recent software present inside the DVD set. If your friend wants to have it then suggests him to buy the new one from the Linux Mint official website. They will provide the whole DVD set of may be a ISO file. This is easily accessible and down loadable from that website.