Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No audio on TV when the system goes in Standby mode

Operating Systems

Old 30-12-2010

No audio on TV when the system goes in Standby mode

I am having a desktop PC with windows 7 operating system and that too on the Intel core i3 processor. Now the thing here is that when I connect my system to the TV with the help of HDMI cable then everything goes fine. In fact I am getting proper audio also but the only thing that is worrying me here is that when the system goes in the standby mode then I didn’t get any sound from the TV. And when I wake up the system then it gives me an error message saying that “HDMI cable was disconnected”. This thing is happening again and again when I watch a movie. Please someone help me out of this issue and also let me know why I am facing this problem.

Old 30-12-2010

Re: No audio on TV when the system goes in Standby mode

Well there is the only way that I think is not letting you to get the sound in the standby mode is the cable. Now what you have to do here is that just change the cable and then see how it goes. So do one thing use any alternate cable and then check out how it behaves when the system goes in the standby mode. And if you are getting proper sound then just replace the HDMI cable with the new one and that too the latest one. I hope it works for you.
Old 30-12-2010

What you have to do here is that just visit the official website of the computer manufacturer and then just download the updated driver for your system and especially the sound driver and that to the latest one. And now install the drivers on your system and get your issue solved. And if you still are facing the similar one then you have to just install the latest windows updates on your system. I am sure that installing the latest windows updates will definitely help you to solve the issue.
Old 30-12-2010

I was also facing the similar problem and I know a bit regarding this issue. Now the thing is that when the system goes in the standby mode then you will definitely lost the connection and will also lose the sound. For your kind information when the system goes in the standby mode then at that time it leaves the hard disk and the all the process are running on the Ram. And as all the drivers are stored on hard drive then definitely the sound is lost since it is not able to find the sound drive. And the only way that will help you here is that don’t let the system to go in the standby mode I am sure that it will help you to fix the issue.
Old 30-12-2010

If you will ask me then the best option to solve this problem is to just disable the standby mode. And to do the same you have to just follow the below mentioned steps:
  • First of all click on the start button and then just select control panel
  • Now in the control panel windows you will find the Power options
  • So just right click on the same and enter in the properties.
  • After that in its properties you will find the advanced tab just click on it.
  • Then you will find the option over there to disable the standby mode in fact a checkbox which is already checked
  • So you have to just uncheck the box which is preceded by standby and then just click ok
  • Atlas click on apply and close the window.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,