Thread: Dell system stucks at Dell logo

Dell system stucks at Dell logo

I have got a dell desktop , the model of my system is Dell Dimension 4600, I had bought it quite a long back , I have got a an Intel dual core processor in it and a 320 GB of internal samsung hard drive, but I am facing a strange issue , whenever I am trying to boot my system ,it will not boot up ,since my system comes from Dell , it will show a Dell logo and the screen did not move from there , I do not understand why this things happen, I am tired of it and and cannot get it resolved myself, please let me know how can I make my system start normally.

Re: Dell system stucks at Dell logo

LEt me ask if if you are running under warranty or not, if your system is under warranty you can contact the Dell system technical support and tell them about issue , as I can not make out anything when you say that your system sticks at Dell logo, if you are not under warrant they may charge you some money and that money will be charged to only diagnose the issue , it does not include the guaranteed resolution or replacement support.

It sounds like your system is not completing the power on self test which is also called in short as POST , it may not be just the No Post issue , it may further lead to be a No boot issue , but before that you need to resolve the No post issue and cross that Dell logo, once you cross the Dell logo the system crosses the power on self test, if there is any sort of USB device attached withe system then please remove it and try to reboot your system.

Yes I too think that you are facing a No POST issue. You can make your system reboot once again and this time I will ask you to remove your RAM chip, what you can do is you will have to open the chassis or tower then but before that please turn off your system and unplug all the cables from the back of the system and drain the flea power . this is the static power that remains in the system even after you shut down the system. So slide it down so that you can face the motherboard , remove the RAM chip and then reseat it back to its place and see if this resolves your issue. Please let me know about your latest updates.

Yes you are correct , you may also face the the no boot issue or even the no video , along with the RAM I will also suggest you to remove the hard disk, it is also possible that your hard drive may be corrupted and that is causing your system not to pass the power on self test. When you power on the system if your system has steady green power lights then it is not a power issue ,if it is steady amber then you can say that it may be related to the POST.