Thread: Is 64 bit perform slower than 32 bit in Linux Mint 10

Is 64 bit perform slower than 32 bit in Linux Mint 10

Firstly I complement the Linux Mint squad to carry out such a fine delivery of the Linux Mint operating system! In the years I attempt Linux a not many times but could not get out of the MS scrape. But now is the time I get self-determining and give MS a big touch YES! Perhaps it is dull but i actually cannot decide I just purchased a Asus eee PC 1015PEM as well as establish that it has a 64 bit processor. At initial I installed Ubuntu together version 32 as well as 64 bit and observe that the 64 bit was somewhat slower (or maybe it's me) Now I install Linux Mint 10 64-Bit on my computer as well as hoped it was faster than Ubuntu bit I don't believe that's the situation. So earlier than I squander an additional few weeks reinstalling Linux distributions I thought I just inquire the professionals here! Can it be that 64-bit version is just sloppy than 32-bit edition on the netbook? What Mint edition do I have to select? or did I taken the correct alternative already? So please reply me on this thread.

Re: Is 64 bit perform slower than 32 bit in Linux Mint 10

In the illustration where I have installed 32 bit as well as 64 bit Linux Mint on the similar computer, I have usually establish no huge diversity in operating systems momentum among the two. Others have stated that, on their system 64 bit runs faster. I imagine it is frequently a system issue. Several systems run 64 bit improved, various Laptop run 32 bit better it depends upon the configurations they assemble for the system, and some don't mind. The best recommendation I can provide is go with the one you favor. If 64 bit sense slower to you, still if it actually isn't, you would by no means be totally comfortable with it, so go for the 32 bit edition.

Many of this depends on your entire hardware package. I can carve up that 64-bit execute much better on my system. Handbrake is quicker for sure. I also obtain smoother video in lots of occasion where the 32-bit edition was somewhat laggy/choppy. I know I favor 64-bit as well as will carry on using it on 64-bit competent hardware with no worries. Phoronix evaluate Ubuntu 32 bit, 32 bit PAE as well as 64 bit....10.04 I think as well as in every examination 64 bit won, occasionally barely but in others it was amazing. So captivating those results, 64 bit is greatest. And 64 bit spark works enormous.

The test rig in that Phoronix experiment had 4 GB installed, but no state of how a lot was in fact being used during each of the benchmarks. "By far although exhibiting the most excellent presentation was the Ubuntu 64-bit kernel that frequently finished up being leap as well as limits superior than the 32-bit kernel. except you have technological or business reasons for not move about to 64-bit Linux with adjusted hardware, there is no beginning to stick about with a 32-bit kernel and worrying about substantial address extension.

I don’t try to run 32 bit on any of my computer any longer. 64 bit is just quick and I can only for I demonstrate to the solitary machine I contain with 1GB RAM still quicker. It's a dual core Pentium that trimmings out at 1.6GHz. My additional machines all have additional 1GB so that one example is not sufficient to say whether it is quicker on a selection of hardware with lower RAM obtainable. Either way, I observe the variation and have had no concern running 64 bit since this has gone during numerous developments in the last year.