Thread: Does not allow 5.1 SPDIF in Windows 7

Does not allow 5.1 SPDIF in Windows 7

Hello friends, I had promoted from XP to Windows 7 operating system. I am using the audio on-board Realtek 889 and I make use of it to give a SPDIF signal to my audio receiver. It uses to work very well in Windows XP. There is no alternative for a 5.1 channel digital output. I attached it when I go to run Audio Devices and choose the Realtek High-Definition Digital Output and go to Advanced to choose an output alternative, there is no 5.1 channel output accessible. The Realtek HD Audio Manager Interface has no alternative accessible to control the SPDIF out. How do I get 5.1 channel SPDIF out from my computer? My Gigabyte motherboard instruction manual says "make sure the 'Microsoft UAA Bus driver for High Definition Audio' has been installed from the motherboard driver disk. I believe this driver alternative is AWOL from Windows 7.

Re: Does not allow 5.1 SPDIF in Windows 7

If the newest Windows 7 well-suited Realtek High Definition Audio drivers are not installed on the machine then you may not be able to configure 5.1 channel output. I would recommend you to install the most recent Windows 7 well-suited Realtek High Definition Audio drivers on the computer and then verify if the problem occurs. First uninstall the previous one and then install the latest Audio Driver.

If you contain the hardware device that is not functioning correctly with your system, then you most likely require an updated driver. There are most likely the three methods to update a driver:
    1) Make use of Windows Update. For that you may want to locate Windows Update to automatically download and set up recommended updates.
    2) Install software from the device company. For instance, if your device came with a disc, then that disc may include software that installs a driver for the device.
    3) Download and update the driver, and then use this technique to install a driver that you download from the company web page. Do this if Windows Update can't locate a driver for your tool and the device didn't appear with software that set up a driver. The Windows 7 Compatibility Center web pages provides the thousands of devices, and has straight relations to driver downloads.

I would suggest you to try to boot the machine in the safe mode and then check if the problem get exists. When your system is in the safe mode, you'll observe the pop-up windows of the Safe Mode in the corner of your screen. To shut down the safe mode, restart your system and then let Windows start normally. Also if it not helps you out then I recommend you to perform the clean boot and then check the result.

What you do is update the drivers for the hardware which is not performing correctly. If the device is not performing properly then you must need an updated driver. Some of the ways to update the drivers. (1) Try to update the Windows update for that you should have to place the Windows update to mechanically download and set up the suggested updates. (2) The other way is to install the software through the device producer. For instance, if the device has come up with the disc then that disc must encompass software which set-up the driver for the device.

What you try is download and update the drivers for the system, for that you must have to log on as the administrator to carry on the further steps: through the Start button open the Device Manager, from the Start button go at the Control Panel, in that have the click on to the System and security, in this option choose the alternative Device Manager. Now through the Hardware grouping, locate the device that you desire to update, and after that double-click the device name. after that click the mouse to the Drivers tab in that choose the option Update Driver and then continue to follow the Windows instruction.