Thread: Volume control not responding

Volume control not responding

I have recently upgraded the operating system from windows XP to windows 7 and everything was seems to be working fine. But from last night I am not getting the systems volume control to be working properly. Actually the thing here is that whenever I click on the volume control then nothing happens and also after right clicking on the volume control then I am not getting volume mixer and also the volume control options are missing. And there is the only way to adjust the volume and that to with the help of the playback devices which I am using. Since the volume is already saved to low then I am not getting proper sound output even after increasing the sound in the playback devices. Now is there is any way that will help ne out of this case.

Re: Volume control not responding

I guess the sound card is missing from your system or if it is used then it might have got corrupted. So what you have to do here is that just check out whether the sound card is properly installed or not. And if it is not then you have to just reinsert the same. And if you are not using any such stuff then please make sure that you have a latest and the updated soundcard on your system. That will definitely help you to remove all the errors that you are currently facing.

I have gone through the problem and I do believe that the drivers are not properly installed and especially the sound driver. So do one thing try and get the appropriate driver and then install the same on your system. And if you are not having the driver then you can download the same from the official site. If you have already installed the drivers than you should update the same, because if he drivers are not updated then you will definitely get this problem and to update this driver you have to go to the device manager and then update them.

Well it seems to me that one or the other system file is corrupted and that is the reason why you are getting this error. Now what you have to do here is that search the file which is corrupted and then fixes the error. And to do this, one thing that will help you a lot is the SFC scan. Now just open the command prompt and then type the sfc scannow command and hit enter. The scanning process will take some time but it will search for such files and then will fix the same. I am sure that sfc scan will help you out of this case.

I am also having the same issue while I am using the sony vaio laptop, and I have updated all the software and the drivers also. Now the thing is that whenever I play any media file I am not getting any output what so ever and also no sound if the headphone is connected. Also when I tried to have an access on the volume control then they are also not responding. I don’t know what went wrong here, please help me in this case.