Thread: Gparted (partition Editor) Crashed leads to no boot

Gparted (partition Editor) Crashed leads to no boot

My system is having dual boot of windows 7 and Windows XP. Now I don’t wanted to use the Windows XP therefore I decided to free the 100GB space of my hard drive that I have assigned to Windows XP. I downloaded and booted as of the Gparted disc. I followed the onscreen commands. After 3 to 4 steps of it, it started showing me problem. I started getting vertical green lines and there is no option to perform anything. I suspect that it is a crash. When I tried to start the computer normally then it fails to boot. This is the stage where I got stuck. I will appreciate for any help for this matter. Thank you.d

Re: Gparted (partition Editior) Crashed leads to no boot

It is possible that the setup for the partition editor (Gparted) that you are using is corrupted and that is why you are getting problems like this. If that is the case then you can try to search and download the setup for this again from some other source. After that, again try to install that with the fresh setup. If you are not able to boot then start your computer in safe mode and then install it from safe mode. This can solve the problem for you.

One of my friends was also having the same problem with his computer. He tried many things to solve the issue but nothing helped him. Finally he found that the problem was with the booting order of the system. So he went to the BIOS settings and from there, he reset all the things to the default factory settings. After that he reset the correct RAID options and the array sets itself to the correct booting circumstances. You should also do the same and this can solve the issue for you.

There may be some problem with the hard disk that you are using. If it is having some bug in that then also it will show you the issues like this. To check that, you should run the CHKDSK in your system. This will scan the en tire disk for such issues and fixes the problems. It will take some time to finish according to your system configuration but will definitely fix the hard disk bug. Run that it safe mode if you cannot start the system in normal mode. Once it is completed with the process then it will start it in normal mode.

Re: Gparted (partition Editor) Crashed leads to no boot

Try all the above solutions to solve the issues and also the other possible solutions for this but if that do help you then according to me the only option left for you is to reformatting the drive and install the operating system that you wish to use. Do a clean install and this will let you out of the issue. Make sure that this is your last option for you and you have already tried all the other possible solutions.