Thread: Troubleshooting SndVol.exe error in Windows 7

Troubleshooting SndVol.exe error in Windows 7

I have upgraded from Windows vista to Windows 7 Ultimate on my Acer Aspire 5740 laptop. Also I have upgraded all my drivers. From last few days I am facing problems while playing music. Whenever I try to adjust the volume of speaker using either control from the laptop then my volume mixer crashes. To solve this issue I have also tried to adjust the volume from the icon in the taskbar but it also failed. The volume mixer gives SndVol.exe error and I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting SndVol.exe error in Windows 7

If you are getting SndVol.exe error while updating the volume mixer then you can resolve this issue very easily. You can adjust the volume by using Windows Volume Control. To adjust the volume control you can use the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and login as administrator.
    2. You need to right click on the speaker icon in the notification area. After selecting speaker icon in the notification area you need to click on the Recording Devices or Playback Devices.
    3. Now you need to select which devices you want to adjust by double clicking on it and click on levels tab.
    4. Now you can move the slider up or down to set the volume level for the selected device and click on ok button.

Many a times you may be getting Sndvol.exe error from the windows registry. If the file inside the windows registry is corrupted then in that case you might be getting Sndvol.exe. If the Sndvol.exe error is not fixed immediately then your computer system may be seriously damaged. To resolve the Sndvol.exe error in windows registry you may download and install registry cleaner software which may repair the corrupted files from the windows registry and fix the Sndvol.exe error.

If you are getting Sndvol.exe error then there might be a possibility that your system is not having updated sound driver. You can then download the latest sound driver which are compatible with your Windows 7 platform from the Microsoft website and update it on your system. After updating sound driver, Sndvol.exe error may be resolved and you can check it by playing a song to check if the Sndvol.exe exits again on the system.

You can adjust the volume level for speaker in laptop by many ways. Suppose adjusting the volume level for speaker by using windows volume control gives SndVol.exe error then you can resolve this error from the control panel. You need to follow the below steps to resolve this error:
    1. You need to start the system and go to Start/ Control Panel.
    2. In the control panel window, you need to click on Hardware and Sound and select sound button.
    3. You need to click on the Playback tab. Select the device which you want to adjust. Select levels tab and click on slider to up and down to set the volume, click on ok button and the volume will be adjusted.