Thread: Slow buffering for Windows 7 video files

Slow buffering for Windows 7 video files

Everyone can say that the best operation system so far from Microsoft is Windows 7. I agree with that because many problems that we were facing in older version of Os have been fixed. But yet eternally while I upgraded my Pc to Windows 7 I have been an incident of several issues with buffering velocity when surveillance of video files; the buffering does not wait adequately in front reasoning a stop-start of the video. This is very frustrating. Do you have any idea about this issue and what may be causing the buffer speed? I am using HP PC and so far I even won’t able to recognize whether it is the hardware issue or OS issue.

Re: Slow buffering for Windows 7 video files

Hardware acceleration may affect irregular PC playback, software or app crashes while playing video and sluggish streaming or buffering of video issues. This happens for the reason that the preference forces every video player to be conventional toward solitary setting. As a result of disabling this preference, the single video player can put supported on the necessities of the file. In order to Disable Hardware Acceleration use these steps:
    • Click on Start>Control Panel > Display
    • Go to Settings tab > Advanced.
    • Now Choose Troubleshoot tab.
    • Put out of action the hardware acceleration totally by dragging the slider in the direction of tremendous left.

As far as I know the majority of the multimedia players will permit you to modify their buffer settings. I know the settings of Windows media player which could change the buffer rate. By following this step you can change the default buffer settings to whatever you wish for.
    • Launch Windows Media Player by going through start>programs
    • Choose View in the Menu Bar
    • Scroll through Options and click on it.
    • Move to the Advanced tab, pick “Streaming Media (Windows Media)”
    • Choose “Change” to adjust the buffer settings for playing videos.

Buffering nothing more than simply storing stuffs previous to the media player begins playing a file or anything from internet. Several will observe a tiny suspension ahead of the media plays and this is presently the application storing information in anticipation that little network immerses will not be perceived. The definitive answer is certainly receiving extra bandwidth. If you are demanding to look at a HD motion picture on a 56k modem connection no quantity of buffering will assist you except you download the complete film earlier than you run it. Receiving additional bandwidth generally indicates paying the ISP extra cash meant for an improved plan.

I think that you need to increase virtual memory to provide much resource to get rid of buffering or slow streaming issue getting on video files.
    • Go to: Start> Control Panel.
    • Go to: Performance and Maintenance> System.
    • Underneath Performance On the Advanced tab, choose Settings.
    • Click Change beneath Virtual memory.
    • Below Drive [Volume Label], hit off the drive that holds the paging file that you would like to transform.
    • Again in Paging file Size for chosen drive, tick to Custom size check box. Now insert the quantity of memory you want to set aside for Virtual memory by ingoing the preliminary and utmost volume.
    • Click on “Set” to complete your task.