Thread: Features that operating systems should contain but it does not have nowdays

Features that operating systems should contain but it does not have nowdays

I am searching for some of the great and useful operating systems features.
    I want that type of features which are not yet used by me or many more users. i also want some feature that should include in operating system for better performance and used for multitasking performances . If anybody having idea so please let me know so in future we can consider these things before using or taking new operating systems. If anyone has tips on how we can use that new feature and where on your computer so let us know.

re: Features that operating systems should contain but it does not have nowdays

I have known about Virtual Workspaces it is used in Mac,Linux and PC-BSD.Linux users have extensive enjoyed the autonomy to keep huge numbers of applications running at the same time without being weighed down by screen clutter. Appreciation to the command of virtual workspaces. In a usual Linux installation, at boot time four workspaces jump into subsistence automatically, signified by a small map on the control panel in the corner of the screen. As the user opens extra programs, thumbnail icons of them come out in the workspace switcher, representing which program windows are using in each workspace. To adjust workspaces, the user just clicks the suitable area on the workspace switcher or uses a keystroke arrangement such as Shift-Right Arrow to shift between them.

I have experienced a great feature in mac that is Screen Sharing. When Mac operating system X Leopard beat shelves in the previous year, it came with a useful little upgrade in iChat that allows two Leopard users divide screens with everyone can use. If you want to show your colleague what you are working on your screen, simply share your display with them. Or you can ask them to share their display with you. It is totally free. You can catch an exact outlook of everything they can see, in addition to the capability to manage their mouse pointer and click in the order of requirement.

In Mac operating system I had experienced one great feature that is Automated Screen Shots. By this captivating screen shots in Windows has in no way as simple as it should be. For this you need to press the Print Screen key on keyboard and the present screen immediately copies to the Clipboard. Now it is depend on you to open up Paint or another image editor, paste the captured screen into the application window and after that save it. Then you can use it as you wish.

As I have seen in Mac operating system there is Multitouch Trackpad Gestures technology used. Now days all Apple notebooks support at least a number of multitouch trackpad gestures. You can use only two fingers to do more things such as scroll up and down, modifying size of objects on the screen, take your way through Cover Flow menus, and many more. Some Macs can do more than others, but all now identify two fingers on the trackpad in single way or another. Apple completes this, of course, since it makes its personal hardware. Microsoft, on the other hand, makes only software. Though, some computers notebook vendors, like AsusTek, are beginning to transport their notebooks with multitouch trackpads and the drivers essential to make them work. We had love to see multitouch become regular on all Windows laptops sooner or later with support for multitouch gestures built straight into Windows.