Thread: Boot problem during installation of Linux.

Boot problem during installation of Linux.

I am using Linux from long time but now before some days I have facing some problems when starting the new Linux setup in the boot menu, the system goes off. It occurs when the hard disk starts rotating. I have tried that hard disk in to another computer but on that computer its working but not only on my computer. I don’t know where is the exact problem if any one having idea so please let me know.

Re: Boot problem during installation of Linux.

This case is happens if no amount of alteration with the Grub start commands will permit your system to starts, it may possibly be time to execute a rescue boot, which way that you will start Linux by using an installation CD and also with other rescue media. The kernel and its modules are loaded off the CD, by the side of with a little file system that is build in memory. This outcome in a tiny but working Linux system that isn't dependent on any file systems on the hard drive. You can then increase the hard drive's partitions into the file scheme and right to use them to fix the damage. The installation DVD or CD of nearly any modern Linux distribution can be used for this reason there is no necessity that the save media is from the similar distribution as the one you are trying to save.

You can use live CDs like Ubuntu or Knoppix complete the jobs of save booting just fine, other than there are minor, quicker save boot disks out there. One you may desire to take a glance at is SystemRescueCD which not only starts much quicker but also include an extensive set of tools for managing and control partitions, together with classics like gparted and more extraordinary items such as NTFS-3g which permit you to contact Windows NTFS partitions with complete read and write support. Large for rescuing files off that previous malfunctioning Windows XP division. One more benefit of this rescue disk is that it able to cache its whole file system in memory, permitting you to take away the CD and put in another if needed.

I think most Linux distributions permit you to boot from the initial installation disk in a rescue mode or system repair. Intended for Red Hat, e.g. using the first CDROM to start with the command 'linux rescue' will starts the system and then try a number of essential repairs automatically. The repair draft will try to recognize all the Linux partitions available on your hard drives and increase them in the accurate location. At the ending of this process, you should wrap up with the system entirely assembled and build up under /mnt/sysimage. Red Hat Linux also contains a slightly neat credit card sized free CD and sometimes available from Linux linked company situate at deal shows.

The greatest mode to reduce the impact of those unforeseeable actions is to arrange for them, by assembling the upturn tools in advance. Tom’s Root Boot Disk Is a necessary part of all Linux set of tricks, this small package unpacks to make a 1.722 MB floppy disk which is a whole Linux distribution with a collection of recovery tools in anticipation of you see how it's done you will discover it hard to believe a solo floppy can hold so much.