Thread: Unable to Turn off windows 7 start up sound.

Unable to Turn off windows 7 start up sound.

The windows 7 start up sound is very much irritating to me and I want to turn it off. But I really don’t find any way that will help me to stop that particular sound. I am using the Sony vaio laptop with the windows 7 operating system and that too on the Intel’s core 2duo processor. Does anyone else has faced the similar kind of issue if yes then please let me know how I can solve it and let me know if I can keep any other sound track for the same.

Re: Unable to Turn off windows 7 start up sound.

I think you have to set the sound scheme to no sound and then have a try at it. Actually setting the sound to no sound will not give you any sound what so ever and then you will not get any kind of noise. Actually I have also tried the same thing and it really worked. I am not getting the sound anymore on the start up. I am sure that setting the sound scheme to no sound then it will definitely help you out to solve the issue.

If you will ask me then you can easily solve this issue you have to just uncheck the “play windows start up sound" box. And to this you have to just go in the sound settings and find out the start up sound option and after clicking on you will be redirected towards this check box and then just uncheck that box and get you r issue solve. I hope that doing the same thing will assist you to resolve your problem and you will not get any sound in the future.

Here are the steps that will help you to solve out the problem:
    • First of all click on start button and the go to control panel
    • Now in that you have to select the option called as sound and audio devices just click on it
    • Then a new sound and audio devices properties window will open.
    • In that you will found different tabs just select the “Sound” tab.
    • After clicking on the sound tab you have to set the sound scheme scroll to none.
    • Also below that you will find the program events list box and in that list box you will find the option called “windows logon”
    • Just select the windows logon option from the list and below the whole list you will find the dropdown box with which is entitled as sound in that you have to choose the None option.
    • I am sure that this will surely help you to fix the problem that you are facing and will not give you any sound on startup