Thread: chm viewer not working with opensuse 11.3

chm viewer not working with opensuse 11.3

I want some help for seeking a viewer for chm and hlp files.I was already in the Help Explorer Viewer 3.0 works but not the integration into a Commander, so a hlp file parameters not by the viewer round. (Maybe one could test on PC, for me or general information on the program, or I may be using the wrong parameters because the Help file of the program, this is actually supported.) It can also be a tool to hlp/chm file editing but it should have incorporated a viewer I'm looking for. I would look for software suggestions. Please help me soon.

Re: chm viewer not working with opensuse 11.3

Both formats are Microsoft and are supported by default in Windows. However, that is .Hlp format of date, and is officially no longer supported in Windows Vista. To view .Hlp files, Windows program WinHlp32.exe (For Vista you have to load the downloaded separately in MS) .CHM files are compiled HTML Help files that are displayed by the program associated with Windows HH.exe (with Explorer Help). It's no extra viewer needed. If those files are missing on your system, you'd have re-install it, the are so elementary, if missing, then probably the whole installation in A. If you help files (.Chm) want to create HTML itself, then there is the paid help Smith or the free HTML Workshop Vizacc.

The Help and Support Center (HelpCtr.exe) was a Help application premeditated for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. The Help and Support Center Displayed assembled Help files with the .Chm file extension. The Help and Support Center is not included in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, and its characteristics are supported. Compiled Help files with the .Chm file extension will be exhibited only in the HTML Help application. The Assistance Platform client (HelpPane.exe) is a new-fangled Help engine intended for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. It is not compatible with every previous versions of Windows. The Assistance Platform client is obligatory to show Help files with the .H1S file extension.

Problems printing from CHM files

I have a problem with the print from CHM files. I can open the files and select the topic that I would like to have and the appropriate printer. As soon as I go to print but is followed by the CHM document and the page is printed. If I still need more pages each time I have to open the document again. Since, I am not having enough knowledge about the CHM files, I am not able to do any trial out. So, please tell me some details about the CHM files. Also, tell me that should I perhaps try an alternative chm viewer?

CHM (Compiled HTML Help, HTML Help or even Compressed Compiled Help Module (s)) is a file format of the company Microsoft, for the help files under the operating system, Windows is used. The corresponding system for the creation and display of the files is called HTML Help. CHM files are compressed archives, in turn, various files such as Help in HTML format, images or Java Script in compiled form included. The format is a Microsoft file formats ITS (similar to a LZX archive). The archives are also in addition to the help files, metadata is stored, the structure of the displayed documents which describe and evaluate the appropriate viewer. The construction of this metadata is documented on various websites. CHM files are created with the free Microsoft HTML Help Workshop. For viewing CHM files on Linux and other non-Microsoft operating systems exist, for example chmsee, xchm, chmviewer and libchm, for example, with the eyepiece can be used comfortably. The development library wxWidgets includes support for reading CHM archives. A conversion to PDF is chm2pdf possible.