Thread: Can't rip music on windows 7

Can't rip music on windows 7

I am having Microsoft windows 7 operating system installed on my desktop. Recently I have upgraded my music player from QuickTime to windows media player 12. Also I have installed latest codec which I have downloaded from the Microsoft website but still I am facing the problem while ripping the CD. When I insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive to rip and press the rip button then I get “Windows Media Player cannot find the file” error message and therefore I need a solution through which I can troubleshoot this problem. Also suggest me some ripping software.

Re: Can't rip music on windows 7

If you are getting “Windows Media Player cannot find the file” error message then the media player cannot locate the file and therefore it cannot rip the CD. You need to find that missing library and delete it. You can troubleshoot this problem by following the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and launch the media player by double clicking on it.
    2. When the media player window opens then you need to click on the organize option and then go to Manage Libraries and select music.
    3. You should make sure that there is not any missing library listed the list.
    4. If the missing library is found then you need to find it and delete it. After deleting the missing you can now add new library and try ripping the CD and check if the error message exists again.

If your ripping issue are not solved by either deleting the missing library or by using removing invalid entries then in that you may simply reinstall the windows media player and restart the system. When the system restarts reinstall the windows media player software. Also install the codec for media player. After successful installation of media player you can try to rip the CD and check if the issue exists again.

You can rip the CD or DVD with window media player. While ripping the CD or DVD if you are getting “Windows Media Player cannot find the file” error message then you can troubleshoot it by finding the missing library and deleting it. The ripping problem will be solved and no error message will be displayed. If by deleting the missing library also doesn’t resolve the error message then in that case there might be some hardware or software problem on windows 7 platform because of which you are getting error message. You can use the System File Checker tool to fix the issue in windows 7. You need to open the command prompt and enter “SFC /scannow” command which will replace all the incorrect entries form the system and the problem will be solved.

You can make use of ripping software which will help you in ripping CD. “Express Rip CD Ripper” is one of the ripping software which works on the windows platform. By making use of Express Rip CD Ripper Software you can extract digital audio from CD. It is one of the fastest CD ripper software available which supports excellent quality CD digital audio extraction.