Thread: Windows 7: Can't get HDMI audio

Windows 7: Can't get HDMI audio

I have an integrated Intel graphics chip amusingly sufficient the Intel control pane, I through which I utilized to control the bulk of the devices functions, did not survive the upgrade; it is nowhere to be established. Thus I have restructured the drivers, and ensured the playback devices, and my HDMI cables are plugged in. I get video but no audio, and am not certain I am just misplaced something easy. Either way I have completed many searching and have up till now to find an answer any assist would be much respected.

Re: Windows 7: Can't get HDMI audio

I recommend you go to the manufactures website and install the Windows 7 drivers. If they do not have Windows 7 drivers then attempt utilizing the drivers for windows Vista. The majority of hardware and drivers which worked with windows Vista will as well work with Windows 7. So just try this and let me know that it works for you or not. I just wish that this will solve your problem.

I have the similar trouble. I attach my Dell XPS 1530 laptop with my Samsung HDTV and I obtain video but no audio. Sound controller states that the HDMI output is executing, but there is no sound. I spent the last few of days installing novel drivers and to no benefit. Samsung claims that it is a trouble with my video card? They state that my model of Samsung can just handle PCM in excess of HDMI and that I should verify with my video card maker. The setup which I utilize to connect my TV with my laptop has worked perfectly for about a year and the audio trouble cropped up just few days before. It may be a compatibility problem with my TV because I utilized the similar HDMI cable with a dissimilar HDTV and the audio worked. Please help me, I am out of ideas.

I have downloaded the most recent drivers from Intel. I have again installed them numerous times. I have a laptop, my card is the Intel 965, and I utilize one cable for HDMI. There is no HDMI tool which emerges while I right click on the sound icon to select the playback devices there utilized to be one in windows vista that utilized to output HDMI audio. Is anybody else having this trouble?

This is not a trouble with your system or drivers. It is a fault with Windows 7. I was running windows Vista with my laptop outputting Video or Audio to my TV and it worked immense. I improved to Windows 7 RC1 and the sound does not effort but video is excellent. It seems like we are all wedged with computer speakers or headphones until they place the genuine version of Windows 7. While I choose the HDMI audio output, things like Windows media player or iTunes won’t even play tracks. The second I hit speakers or headphones, both programs stir up and play.