Thread: Windows 7: Line In Monitor Extreme Latency

Windows 7: Line In Monitor Extreme Latency

On each and every of my earlier Windows setting up that is Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, I able to plug-in a guitar into line-in and monitor is with no latency through the speakers. This means that play and hear is in real-time. In Microsoft Windows 7, there is a latency of 170+Ms. On the similar hardware, I utilized windows XP and it did not cause problems. I improved to Windows 7 and latency is through the top. I have utilized Microsoft offered drivers from Windows Install and seller gave drivers which came with motherboard. No change. Is this something to be compact with in Windows 7 or am I missing few setting? I have been doing this since approximately 2006 with no problems on earlier version. Does the windows sound management not give a straight quick monitor signal?

Re: Windows 7: Line In Monitor Extreme Latency

Get vista well-matched dedicated hardware Input Output device, don't utilize a standard sound card. Set the sound drivers on the desktop, and right click on them for 'troubleshoot compatibility'. The Vista form may effort for you. So just try this suggestions will definitely help you to solve your problem. I say this confidently because one of my friends already solved this issue few months ago.

I will attempt that at home. So does this mean that every line-in monitor is normally through software driver traverse as disparate to being hardwired on the sound card? My soundcard permit port remapping so any pin can be line-out, mic-in, line-in, and so on. Possibly that causes the 185 ms delay in routing. Moving from a single core 2.6 GHz to a quad core 2.6 GHz and twice the ram, I was thinking it would streamline it extra, as opposite to cause latency.

While you say set the sound drivers on the desktop, Do you mean just copy them there and run troubleshoot compatibility? Or do you mean place the driver’s folder on desktop, go to device manager and make it setup the drivers from the desktop folder and after that perform troubleshoot compatibility. And either way how would windows know to all the time run those drivers in windows Vista mode. Does Windows 7 mark certain software with a unique ID so wherever it is run from, Windows can recognize and run it in the demanded form?

I have got the exact similar trouble. It is a Dell Dimension E510; line-in is element of the onboard SigmaTel audio hardware. I downloaded the windows Vista version of the drivers from dell's website. Previous to that, windows would not even identify that I had a line-in. Anyway, later than I lastly had line-in working, I had an obvious delay in the output. I wish they get this set in the release version. As much as I like Windows 7 for just about everything else, this is type of a deal breaker for me. I have heard a few people recommend utilizing the windows XP emulator, but since emulators talk to the host Operating system and not straight to the hardware, it would possibly just cause a bigger latency. I truly hope that this is a driver problem and not a Windows 7 problem, but if it occurred to you on many drivers, I would have to lean towards it being a Windows problem.