Thread: Unable to have access on “Manage sound devices" in Control Panel

Unable to have access on “Manage sound devices" in Control Panel

I am having a Dell vostro laptop and using the same from last few years and I am working on the windows 7 operating system. Yesterday I thought my speakers where not playing the audio properly I mean to say not in a balanced way. So I decided to adjust the same from control panel but as I open the control panel and clicked on the “Manage sound devices" option then nothing happened. I don’t know why it is not exploring the window and due to this I am unable to do the volume settings for the speakers that I have attached.

Re: Unable to have access on “Manage sound devices" in Control Panel

well I don’t know why you are not able to open the “Manage sound devices" from the control panel but I can assure you that you can change the volume settings and then just keep them in balance. Now what you have to do here is that just double click on the Volume icon which is one the system try of the system and once you will click on it then a master Volume window will be opened in that you will find the options to change or adjust the speaker settings. I hope that this will resolve your basic problem.

I will suggest you to use the System file checker tool, the thing is that it may have happen that one or the other system file might have been corrupted and that is why you are unable to have access on that particular function. So what you have to do is just click on the start button and then type cmd in the search box. It will give you the command prompt then just right click on it and select the run as administrator option. After that you have to type sfc/Scannow in the command prompt and press enter. After that a scan will begin and then you have to just wait for few seconds because it will take few minutes to search for the corrupted files and then fix it.

I have gone through your issue and it seems to me that there might be a virus attack on the system and you need to scan the whole. I will suggest you to install the updated antivirus on your system and then scan the same, what it will do is search for the viruses on the system and then it will remove it. And if it is the virus problem then it will definitely solve the issue.

This is the common issues faced by the windows 7 users, According to me what you have to do one thing just click on the start button and then just type control.exe in the search box then the control panel window will be open and then try and have an access on the function that you want. And if still you are facing the same issue then just reinstall the windows 7 and get the issue solved. I hope that at least reinstalling the windows 7 will help you out of this case.

Try and access the control panel from the administrator account because it happens sometimes we are trying to have an access on the folders or files for which we are not having the proper permissions. So accessing the same from the administrators account will definitely help you or else you can just do this, Launch the services.msc from the run command and then you will find the SLUNotify service jut select it and then just stop the same.