Thread: System makes Choppy sound once resumed from Sleep mode

System makes Choppy sound once resumed from Sleep mode

Since few days I am facing with strange issues in my system when I play any sort of music file , this issue occurs both in my office system and in my home system as well . If talked about my office system , it is x64 bit and if you ask about my home system it is of x86. But both the system have something common , both the system have a NVidia graphic card installed in them, the only difference lies in the model of the graphic card my home system uses 7300 , while the graphic card in my office pc is e 9600 , I have got a integrated motherboard and a Realtek Sound Chip in both the system . I am facing an issue of choppy sound in my system, this mostly happens when I resume from the sleep mode , I restart the system then it works fine for a while and do not know what exactly happens that it again resumes the same issue. It mostly happens while playing any sort of music file, so if anybody from the forum has ever faced in this sort of issue please let me know about this issue. I am waiting for your response so that I can resolve it and get rid off this annoying choppy sound completely. I use a Windows 7 operating system.
    Last edited by GOOL; 27-12-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Re: System makes Choppy sound once resumed from Sleep mode

I have already faced the similar sort of issue in the past , I too rebooted my system and then this annoying sound resumed after an hour or so , I later on came to know that something was triggering this and making the system to produce this irritating noise, I use to face this issue while playing music with media player and Winamp software . I fixed this issue when I disable the enhancements , this can be done in the Sound Control Panel Applet , but I am not quite sure this will completely remove the Choppy sound but it will definitely reduce that annoying sound a bit , if you are fortunate enough it will completely remove that sound , I was one of the fortunate to get rid of this issue. Hope it works with you as well.

The majority of the time this sort of issues are related to driver problems , However, a damaged driver most of the time is the root from the from the beginning .What you a can do is you can remove the third party software for a while and try to restore the system if you have created a restore point. So that you can rollback it from there you can monitor the task manager as well to monitor the process so that you can control the process.

This seems a very crucial issue , you said the system sustains the issue when the system wakes up from the sleep mode. I am asking whether have you made any sort of changes in your system recently in the past few weeks, if you really have I think that is really the source and the root for the choppy sound that your system is experiencing it is also possible that there would be some third party application that you may have installed in your system that may be the possible reason of your distorted sound issue. I think you should install that application in case you came to know about it , then reboot your system and see whether your issue gets resolved or not , please reply if it gets resolved or it does not so that others users too can take benefit of it.

You can click to your start orb, then it will show you a box there you can type "services" and after that you can initialize ad restart the "Microsoft Antimalware Service" application after hitting the Enter key . It is also recommended that you keep Turn real-time protection turned on , but if it is still turned off please turn it on again as it was on before, now I would ask you to test the sound of your system ,and see whether is it still choppy or not.

I think there might be an issue with the sound card itself. You had mentioned that you have installed sound card installed , what you can do is you can remove the sound card from your motherboard and connect the audio cable to the integrated port on the motherboard of green color. You can also start the Windows 7 operating system with minimal set of drivers , you can do this with the help of clean boot. This step will enable you to remove the unwanted conflicts.

Hello my friends there are several reasons that can cause and produce some irritating noise and what people call it as chopping noise, the very first reason for this type of noise may be the sound may be due to the audio card installed in your system , I too had a realtek audio card installed in your system, either the audio card is not installed properly or the drivers need to be reinstalled again, so what you can do is you can first open your system , remove the graphic card from there and then mount it again, if it does not work you can uninstall the existing drivers and install the them again from the official site. If still you are unable to get what you desire , you can post your comment back.