Thread: need help in booting three diifrent oprating systems at the same time

need help in booting three diifrent oprating systems at the same time

I am preparing to modify my large Dell laptop from uninteresting old operating system Windows XP machine into a triple boot system and I am looking for direction on the partitioning problem. My intention is to install Ubuntu as my most important Linux environment, and then to get on on a Linux from scrape project to see what I can study there. As my hard disk is being de fragged , I am annoying to obtain a solid grip on how the drive should be division.

re: need help in booting three diifrent oprating systems at the same time

The four partition boundary is only for main partitions. Make an extensive partition, and as lot of logical partitions as you similar to. Windows like better to be on the initial primary,at slightest that is what people have supposed about older versions. Linux can go everywhere. Also want to tell you that if you’re re going to save three partitions then you will need to higher configuration for running all in one time.

You are in two situations. You have considerably lesser then RAM of 4GB and you utilize a source based distribution. It will use a more set of memory. We can take example. Gentoo 2x RAM will be good in many cases but for Ubuntu you don't need your RAM size twice.Also when you have sufficient RAM you do not need so much change space. My computer has 8GB and me using Gentoo. In 90 percent of the time rejection of swap is used at all.

I think there is no need of other alternative you can try Tux on Ice for hibernation or dangle to disk which keeps you to utilize a swap file in its place of a partition to store up the RAM inside. You can use series 24 Short Linux Hints of Linux Advent calendar. On a computer or laptop you require at slightest as much trade as you have RAM to employ that feature.From that view swap for 3,25GByte ram with 4GByte sounds about true.