Thread: want some information about Linux 2.6 Kernel for project purpose

want some information about Linux 2.6 Kernel for project purpose

I am college student and I need to do project so I have selected the topic kernel 2.6 so I want to know about the kernel 2.6 entire history and futures. Also I have some doubt like is it beneficial in using multiple platform. Is it support to the Option with 64 bit Linux? Also if there is any sub architecture in it then please describe me how it is and also some advantages and disadvantages of the Linux kernel 2.6.

re: want some information about Linux 2.6 Kernel for project purpose

I would like to tell you that it’s definitely support Multiple Platform. This is one major strengths of the Linux. It can supports and run easily on broad range of hardware and soft ware’s. Each version from 1.2 has contains support for latest processor types and features.The Linux 2.6 kernel launched is no exclusion to this development, and while this might not straight impact to utilize of Linux on Intel, it's very significant for Linux to be as widely obtainable as possible.

As you had asked about sub architecture so there is a great Subarchitecture Support. In most of the new processor supports architectures of Linux 2.6. The new edition of Linux also includes a latest conception which known as a subarchitecture. Earlier, Linux frequently had the primary theory that processor usage and hardware types go hand in hand. The i386-descendant processors are used on only PC/AT descendant servers. In Linux 2.4, this assumption was out of order for i386 processor with the addition of help for SGI's Visual Workstation, a legacy less stand working with an Intel chip. The major revolutionize in Linux 2.6 is that this quality and idea was standardized so that all architectures hold this in a parallel and saner way that permit for extra clear division of only the components that require separated.

As per my knowledge it deffinaetly supports Opteron to 64 bit Linux for the user. One more processor which was included during the 2.4.x expansion cycle but worthy of mention here is Linux's latest support to the AMD Opteron chips. This is a latest chip with back compatibility with presented Intel clone processors and that may still receive backing from Microsoft. Whether element of Intel's Itanium group becomes the de facto set for 64-bit user products leftovers to be seen.

Kernel Responsiveness and Interactivity. Its one of the parts of center for Linux 2.6 has been in assembly the system additional receptive for desktop users and additional uses that requires a high degree of organizes over when events occur. Each of these goal uses has very dissimilar challenges, but currently have been lots of changes that can advantage both. On main internal change there in the 2.6 kernel which should not be unassuming is that the kernel itself is now audible. In all earlier versions of Linux, when the Operating System is at this time doing something in the kernel, it unable to be interrupted.