Thread: Need help for installing Linux over a network

Need help for installing Linux over a network

I have a DVD of Mint 10 and previous to set up it, I require to obtain on the internet. I set up a wireless adapter with NetGear WNDA3100. My drivers are on live CD when it is started. So it says it can identify the hardware, so how can I use the hardware? If anyone having idea of installation of Mint 10 and is this really beneficial or not? Then please give me suggestion with its advantages and disadvantages of Linux over internet. If any other hardware or software is required for this setup then please suggest me.

Re: Need help for installing Linux over a network

As per my knowledge the majority distributions you can utilize any other distribution as the set up server. E.g. you can try to install Redhat over your network by using a server installed through SuSE. For installing server you will require to put on all the necessary data that will be desirable to execute a full setting up of the Linux distribution you are going to provide. E.g. if you are tried to installing Linux using CDs then you will require space on your server to save all the contents of every CD onto your server. Previous to you even feel about setting up your system as an install server, you necessity check that you have the essential space available. This is like a trivial thing to test but it is very significant and simply forgotten when you are setting up.

I don’t know about the exact problem of you but there are lots of advantages of Linux over network that I like to tell you. In this automatic arrangement is available. It can install very fast in lots of systems. It does not require physical installation media .there no customizable installation including packages available from the regular distribution .Once the install system is setup and working installations are very simple. In this numerous system configurations accessible for automatic installation with dissimilar config files. Concurrent installation from a lone source .It does not requires media library and space saving. It is Very simple to update .In this does not occurs problems while reading install media.

I think in this you do not need any extraordinary hardware for installing Linux over a network. The essential necessities are: That you need a server machine accessible to you that have sufficient storage space on it to have the install picture that you desire to transmit over the network. Make sure that this server is influential enough to manage with the load that is available to be placed upon it. Client machine with the suitable hardware for the installation that you are mean to do.

There are a number of the disadvantages of this installation that are as follows. It is add difficulty in installation. There is too much time required initially to set of connections an install server. It totally relies on connectivity and network. It utilizes network bandwidth. You will require a server machine and it’s too costly. So installing Linux over network is complex thing so you can try for another option rather than this network connection.