Thread: Unable to share equipment in windows 7

Unable to share equipment in windows 7

I have issue in this server which is running on Windows Server 2003 Standard XP client computers and Windows 7 and these all are under a domain. But I could not share equipment for Windows 7, which need compatible file and printer that are installed on client computers with Windows 7. So if anybody has any suggestion regarding this then please help me.

Re: Unable to share equipment in windows 7

When I was going through this at that time I have tried one solution and it work in my case if you want then you can go for this in this you have to remove the machine from the domain, and then removed the machine account in the domain. Eliminates antivirus tool cleaning your fabricate and then return them to the domain.

Although you should update the administrative the server to support Windows 7 this is not reason to share. So check this out:
    1. Customers in Windows 7 have a single IP and DNS server is pointing to the Domain
    2. Check it is permitted to share in Central and Network Shares.
    3. If you use third-party antivirus for testing. The third-party antivirus ever fails more in Windows 7.

Thanks for the replies and check what you say in pointing the DNS domain. I have shared resources and even to browse My Network Places I see teams Windows 7 And even disable antivirus connect I will check the firewall. So I hope after trying this I will get fix for my issue. And as soon as I get solution for this I will post over here.

Please evaluate the advanced properties for shared use, under "Permissions" you have activated the control to the other computers can access this share. I.e. Right click, Properties, Sharing tab, and Advanced Sharing, within this window is Permissions. So just go through this if you are not getting solution for your issue till now.