Thread: How to completely remove Linux

How to completely remove Linux

I have Windows 7 and Linux on my computer. I would like uninstalled Linux but I am a beginner for that. I do not want this because at every boot I got confused with the boot manager menu. I installed this run software which does not support Windows. But right now I do not want it anymore on my system. How to completely remove it so that I can utilize remaining space on my hard drive. Is there any ready to use tools for that. Without full information I do not want to delete anything as it can hurt my Windows operating system. It has all my data and files. I also want to format that drive to Windows readable which I do easily with a bootable cd. The thing which can create issue is the boot loader of the system. How to remove that one.

Re: How to completely remove Linux

Linux offers the user a complete integrated environment and a set of useful applications. I will not say that operating is not useful, but you get also an option to safeguard your system from crashing. One method to uninstall Linux is to restore the MBR from DOS. For versions of Windows 95 and 98, type fdisk / mbr. For Windows XP, insert the installation CD and in the repair console, type fixmbr command. Then act like to install Linux partition where you perform a deletion of Linux and then close the facility. After you have restarted your computer, no problems should occur while doing this. This one is quiet a faster and easy way to fix the system out.

There are several methods to remove Linux from your system. That makes your job much easier. One method requires you to have a mini-type distribution Tomstrtbt using which you will restart your computer. If you have that similar version then type fdisk / dev / hda. You can use the commands: m for help, p to display the partition table, d to delete a partition, w to write changes and quit and q to quit without writing changes. To delete each partition as you wish, type d and you confirm. Then you enter the partition number. When you arrive at the end of the deletion, type w. Leaving Linux, restart your machine.

Remove native partitions, exchange partition and booting Linux. Using the Linux boot disk, boot your machine, type fdisk at the command prompt and click OK. Then type p to validate. Then choose the first element corresponds to the partition 1 and the second element to partition 2. Type d and press OK. Then specify the partition number to delete. Do the same for all partitions to delete. Type w to write and confirm the information in the partition table. The error messages are meaningless because there will be after restarting the computer. Then type q at the command prompt and press, which will close fdisk.

Even if you only have to install Linux on your machine, it comes with two partitions. I am counting this on the swap which is equivalent of the Windows swap file if I understood correctly. Now if that is correct then you have two partitions on your partition and Linux swap partition that accompanies it. Authors should remove all of these only 2 partitions for reinstalling Windows XP, the install cd you proposing to install Windows on an area of your drive which represents the entire the capacity of your drive. If you boot the XP CD, you should be able to see the partitions and thus can install Windows over Linux .

Most users of a dual-boot system working with one of the systems installed over the other For that you can simply use Wubi, it is a very simple tool to install Ubuntu on your machine, its strength is also to provide an uninstall as easy as that of a classical software on Windows. For that go to Control Panel and then click on Add / Remove Programs. Non select the entry Ubuntu, then run the uninstall. Confirm the warning message on your computer which and get rid of all traces of your previous manipulations, partitioning and boot manager included. You can also run startup repair.