Thread: My system hangs when I boot from Live CD

My system hangs when I boot from Live CD

My computer is hanging when I boot from Live CD. I do not know why. It boots properly but when I reach the desktop and open up my drives it hangs. I want to backup my data and there is no issue with the hard drive. I think there can be some problem with the Live CD. What can I do here. Does there are other more versions of Live CD. Which one is better to use for a Core 2 Duo system. I had upgraded to Linux mint and due to some failure of system the process remain incomplete. Due to this the system crashed entirely. I do not know how to fix that. Now after backing up my data, I can try to re-install all the things back again. And that is the only option I think would work for me. I need some better suggestion for more Live CD's that I can try out for my system. Thanks.

Re: My system hangs when I boot from Live CD

I am right now using Puppy Linux. It is a GNU / Linux Live-type, which bases its strength on its very small platform. Added to this is a simple portability and ease of use. Because Live does not need any installation to be installed and is directly initiated via CD. The various options can then be saved on a USB key. This is a very nice easy to uses live disc which provides you all the features that you want to get back your data. Other than this you can try GeeXboX. IT is a Linux distribution that turns your into a HTPC or Media Center. As a LiveCD distribution based on needs no installation and is now ready to start. It works on both x86 and PowerPC compatible. It can also be used on a computer disk without booting into RAM.

I had used SuperGamer distribution of Live DVD which was based on VectorLinux. The Linux was born as a full and adequate response to all the gamers who want to continue to enjoy even under Linux platform. The distribution is optimized for this purpose and integrates the many tweaks to help gamers to a sparse system ready and complete. Inside are supported for Linux native games that run smoothly by optimizing general. Or if you want to a lit tool then go for Openmamba. It is an operating system ready for use on laptops desktops and servers. It is full of office programs, multimedia, internet, games and much more and is free, so it can be downloaded, used, modified and copied for free.

Try out Mepis Linux. It is also a linux distro. is a live cd such as Knoppix, with hundreds of applications already installed and a number of tools to restore and manage the system. Mepis is the result of efforts by Warren Woodford, who, after having tried several other distributions without finding a fit if they have created their own. Or else the other one which you can also try is Mutagenix is a live distro based on Slackware Linux and Linux-Live. It uses Gnome as GUI based, integrated firewall and is suitable for network management. This is better for network issue thing. There are more live cd's version. What I will recommend you is to download a ISO image of such files and boot directly with the system. Then have a backup of your system on a external drive.

What version of Linux distro you are using. Ubuntu is one of the most popular Linux distributions currently active, will not here to discuss its properties and its defects, suffice it to say that Ubuntu is distributed free on the internet and on Live CD, which allows you to start a test session without installing anything on the hard drive of your computer. The ability to use Ubuntu Live CD session allows us to access the hard disk, retrieve data and save them or burn them on a stand waiting to restore your computer. So that is more than enough you need and you can try on your system. Nothing could be simpler and I think the best way towards a quick solution, simply plug into a USB port on the computer running the unit and it is automatically recognized and loaded Ubuntu. And now you just need to copy paste your data.

To obtain a Linux Live CD just download the ISO image and record a CD with Nero. I tihnk your cd is not burned properly or your files are missing. Boot the same properly and then only you can get the operating system working. A much lighter version that you can try out on your system can be Geexbox. The Live CD requires only 19 MB to download. He is expected to emulate a Media Center interface type history to walk more easily into its directory of music, photos and video. A version 2.0 is currently in alpha development, but may experience some stability problems. And if you need a bit more advance then Slax is the better choice as it has a better interface. This distribution is available in a modern interface and pretty, all in just 200 MB download.