Thread: What do I do while the upgrade fails or hangs

What do I do while the upgrade fails or hangs

I don’t have any idea what should I do here? I just clicked on the update, downloaded 600+ updates and installed it. It crashed on totem desktop. Currently it just staring on me. Please someone provide me some hint or some information about my issue. Because don’t have any further ideas regarding this problem or I can say that, first time I am facing this problem. Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Re: What do I do while the upgrade fails or hangs

I don’t think so that this information is enough to solve your problem. Maybe you have to provide some addition information. Because I am aware of this problem but just require few more details. So please provide few more details. Because after seeing your post it seems like the middle of a conversation. Here I am only say that: You should possibly make use of top command to verify who is causing the trouble while running the update. Lack of memory might be the trouble.

Not confident of the cause. A reboot or two and dpkg command set it. On distro install, it took the exchange of exterior drive, not sda4 swap. I had to edit and secure the uid in the etc/fstab. I just observed this later than tuning off silent boot in BIOS and seeing swap not increased. I as well it is still telling my root not increased, whatever that means! The whole thing works excellent, apart from I cannot browse windows network, I observe it, but cannot increase and obtain file list. And I cannot observe sdb1; I can observe on fdisk, l after that increase it, but not anything in nautilus

It appears that you are fresher to open source operating system, after that attempt to install Ubuntu, don't setup Debian, Ubuntu is approximately the similar as Debian, apart from that it is much more steady, dependable, got additional package sources and more frequently updated. Debian is lower level configurable, provided for those who effort on getting better operating system, testing dissimilar operating system components, more advanced users. From my personal experience, even the steady version of Debian is not as steady as the testing version of Ubuntu.