Thread: Need to repair a corrupt master file table

Need to repair a corrupt master file table

This sunrise my laptop started usually as well as after that I become aware of that it was rebooting. Initial it will not boot in any way. After that I was able on the way to acquire to safe mode furthermore attempted to run a checkdisk. It will not run, it provide an error message. I lastly get it to start as well as although checkdisk whispered there were errors it at a standstill will not run on my computer drive. After that I started receiving errors regarding corrupt MFT entry on files that happening by means of LU (Live Update). Norton Internet Security popped up messages that state it was damage. I am using edition 11.5.0.125 by means of current updates at the same time as of last day. Uninstalling Norton Internet Security (NIS) permitted the checkdisk to finish. I am not certain I be able to blame Norton Internet Security or if it was a accident or else a probable hardware trouble. Is anybody else having a alike problem?

Re: Need to repair a corrupt master file table

You state having Norton Internet Security version 11.5 however I take for granted you meant 18.5. The first release of Norton Internet Security 18.5 did encompass an problem which exaggerated fairly a few people which cause system unsteadiness, that is freezes of Internet Explorer, etc.On the other hand, Norton Internet Security cannot have caused the chkdsk errors that you explain. That is a extremely short level hardware thing which has not anything to do by means of any software. It seems that several of the files make used by Norton Internet Security were amongst those files which were damaged.

I also have this trouble and I have resolve it.I will recommend you to run chkdsk /r on your system drive?For this you can easily get the procedures from internet.Did it resolve the problem? You be able to check Windows Application procedures to observe what all chkdsk found as well as approved.Hope this will help you to get rid of your issue.

Yes, I intended 18.5.( Typing mistake). I am pretty certain it is an inaccessible occurrence in view of the fact that no one else is posting with this problem. I am not going on the way to blame Norton Internet Security at this position, it was just that it seemed to be the just software that was damage, or as a minimum the most understandable. There may possibly at a standstill be other troubles I have not yet originate.I am using Windows xp 64 bit.

Recovering An NTFS Boot Sector On An NTFS Partition Using Its Backup
    TestDisk be able to make use of the backup boot sector on the way to resolve a damaged NTFS boot sector. The most important boot sector is sector zero of the file system as well as the backup NTFS boot sector is situated close to the end of the file system. Yet if the boot sector is by chance overwritten, the backup be supposed to be undamaged. TestDisk verify the boot sector as well as the backup boot sector.

It hardly ever take place that MFT becomes despoiled. NTFS supplies a copy of MFT that is known as MFT mirror. If trouble take place, NTFS attempts on the way to synchronize these copies.You be able to attempt to run Check Disk utility as of from Windows environment. or else if Windows is not bootable, start from floppies or bootable DVD on the way to Recovery Console as well as run CHKDSK utility that may possibly assist you.

Repair An NTFS Master File Table
    The Master File Table is occasionally damaged. If you have used checkdiak and it was unable to fix the Master File Table. Then go to advance Menu and selcect your NTFS partition as well as select start after that Repair Master File Table.TestDisk will compare the Master File Table and Master File Table mirror (its backup). If the Master File Table is spoiled, it will attempt on the way to fix the Master File Table by means of the backup. If the Master File Table backup is spoiled, it will make use of the main Master File Table.