Thread: How long Bootable Recovery tool will take?

How long Bootable Recovery tool will take?

I acquire Internet Security 2011 following a fright on my wife's computer. Her computer became unfeasible subsequent to a cruel infection from malware that disguised itself at the same time as anti-virus software. Upgraded from crucial AVG on my computer as well as was pleased that the Nortan Internet Security 2011 DVD as well had a Bootable Recovery Tool included.I attempt Recovery tool on my wife's computer as well as was receiving the consequences I predicted (several infections). The worry I have is that the Tool may possibly have stuck. On the other hand, it has been sitting at the following at the moment for more than 2 hours:Checking for: DriveCleanerTotal Items Scanned: 1,32,652 - I can notify it's "stuck" based on this number.If this appear similar to it's hang up, be I supposed to simply attempt once more? Would I be superior off by means of the Power Eraser? If I make use of Power Eraser does that have an choice on the way to make a boot CD? Thank you for any suggestion.

Re: How long Bootable Recovery tool will take?

One thing on the way to make clear while is that the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (NBRT) is considered to be run on a PC by means of a Norton product previously installed although if it does not identify a Norton product it be supposed to inquire you for a product key as well as provided you have a legal one it be supposed to permit you to continue.It seems that you got this far or else it would not have yet permitted you to start a scan.In this situation it is most probable that the level of infection on the PC incorporated one or more things (for example a rootkit) that the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (NBRT) just can not handle.

I am not obvious at this point whether you enclose actually disconnected the old Anti-Virus or else whether you have installed Norton Internet Security.It might be stuck furthermore its likely that numerous infections are causing an problem. Can you end the scan as well as process the results found(that is able to delete the infected files)?

I left the scanner on over the two days. The NRT did not progress at all as a result I assume it hung up.On the way to resolve any confusion, the computer that I am running the NRT on does not have Norton Internet Security installed. It did contain AVG Basic; however that was inadequate on the way to identify the malware that infected it. Furthermore, I am running Recovery as of from the bootable CD, and not from inside the Operating System. At present, if I try on the way to boot the operating system the malware "takes control" as well as start inquiring for personal info as well as credit card data. I expect that clears up the picture for you.Thanks for letting me be familiar with the NPE does not generate bootable media. It will not function for me since the operating system is fundamentally unbootable.

To clear up any misunderstanding, the computer that I am running the NRT on does not have Norton Internet Security installed .Is old Anti-Virus still installed?It might be stuck furthermore its likely that many infections are causing an problem.Retail boxes edition NBRT incorporated on DVD is intended to help install of Norton Internet Security onto an infected computer.I visualize as by means of the whole thing there are limits. The NBRT need a wired connection as well as is intended on the way to run on a computer by means of Norton product installed.If NBRT has required drivers as well as is running appropriately NBRT will auto pull Norton product key.