Thread: How to solve ThinkPoint Access Violation errors

How to solve ThinkPoint Access Violation errors

Friends, I have some problem with my computer. If I turn on my computer then instead of starting normally, it gives me lot of error boxes. All these boxes have Think point on the title bar and the message contains “Access Violation at address 004AFD43 in module 'hotfix.exe'. Read of address 0000000." This is first time I am seeing this message, So I don’t have any idea about this kind of error message. please tell me, what is ThinkPoint and also why this is giving me such messages and how can it be solved. Please suggest your ideas about it. Thank you.

Re: How to solve ThinkPoint Access Violation errors

This is because your computer is contaminated with some malicious software (Win32/FakePAV). This window will put a ceiling on right of entry to desktop or some programs like Internet Explorer. To get rid of this you can go to the steps below.
    1. When you restart your computer then you will observe a ThinkPoint window that is having two options that are Normal Startup and Safe Startup. There you have to select Safe Startup.
    2. This will start a scan for about five minutes. let the scan to finish.
    3. From ThinkPoint window, click on Settings and check Allow unprotected startup. Click on Save settings.
    4. Once you are completed with the scan then close the ThinkPoint window.
    5. Now click on Start button and select Run. After that type cmd in that and press OK.
    6. Now type tasklist and hit enter.
    7. Scroll down and check if the hotfix.exe is running or not
    8. If it is running then type taskkill/IM hotfix.exe and press enter.
    9. Click here and this will let you to Windows Live Onecare Safety Scanner
    10. Select Full service scan.
    11. Follow the simple instruction to remove ThinkPoint

You can use the MalwareBytes. This is a malware removal tool that can be downloaded for free. Don’t run that in normal mode. To run it, you have to start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. In this mode, you have to run the MalwareBytes. Malware Tool offers widespread spyware removal as well as protection. It is having easy to use user interface. It is also having the intelligent scan engine which discovers and takes out all type of malware which might be thrashing in your computer. I wish that this will help you.

Think Point is too well-known as the ThinkPoint virus is element of a false Microsoft Security Essentials Alert. Think Point is presented as one of the five removal tool to be free from several infection establish like this computer. Original infection will effect to break down of Windows desktop and taking away every icons as well as displaying just a false attentive message. If you try to clean this malware then it will show you a new window which will show you numerous virus scanners but just those scoundrel programs will recognize the infection and this comprise Think Point.

Performing any of the authorized scoundrel program will permit itself to install on computer. If you have this on your system then it will give a range of irritation that includes blocked Internet access, hijacking of browser and breakdown system. If you try to run any type of applications then it will be blocked by Think Point as well as it will discharge a message that executable file is previously in cooperation. All of this annoyance carried out to the system and it will force you to get into licensed edition of ineffective software known as Think Point.

It is a virus infection on your system and because of that you are getting the error messages like this. My suggestion to you is to install a good antivirus in your system and scan the system foe any such infection. If the antivirus that you are using is up to date then it will definitely detect the viruses in your system. So before scanning, update the antivirus that you are using. After that you have to heal all the threads that are detected by the antivirus. Once you are done with all this then you have to reboot the system and this can solve the problem for you.

1. I was also having the same problem and tried many things to solve this and somehow I managed to get out of this. Here is the solution that I have tried.
    2. Start your computer in safeboot through command prompt.
    3. Log in to system as an admin user.
    4. Open the command prompt and run these commands in that:
    5. REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v Shell

• del "C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\hotfix.exe"* for WinXP;
    • del "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\hotfix.exe" for Vista/Win7 (Replace the [USERNAME] with your own)