Thread: Restoring default permission of folder on Acer Aspire 5735

Restoring default permission of folder on Acer Aspire 5735

I have recently upgraded my Acer Aspire 5735 from Windows XP to windows 7. I have also installed new driver updates for all my hardware. From last few days I am facing problems with my folders permissions. So I changed my folder permission thinking that the problem will be sorted but the problem wasn’t resolved. I want to change my folder permission. So I need a solution describing the steps to restore my default folder permission. Also need a solution to restore folder permission.

Re: Restoring default permission of folder on Acer Aspire 5735

Permission is given by the system administrator or network administrator which will allow you to create, update or delete file. You can change the file/ folder permissions. If you want to restore the folder permission to default then you need to follow the steps given below:
    • You need to go to Start and the select my computer.
    • Now in my computer, you need to select tools menu at the top of the window.
    • Select folder options and then select view tab. In the view tab you need to click on the “restore default” checkbox to restore default folder permissions.

If you want to restore the folder permissions then you need to open the windows explorer. After opening the explorer window you need to browse to the folder which you want to restore. Right click on the folder and then select properties. Security tab will appear on the screen. You need to click on edit button from the security tab. After clicking on edit button permission window will open in which user and group will be displayed. You need to click on the username and then click on checkbox next to full control checkbox. Now the folder permission will be restored.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to restore the default folder permission. And after changing the default permissions of folder now I am facing any type of problem. I want to know if I can restore a folder from the backup device on my windows 7 platform. Also I need a solution describing the steps to restore folder from backup.

You can restore the folder from backup in windows 7 platform very easily. The steps to restore folder from backup are given below:
    • You need to connect the backup device such as external hard disk with the help of USB cord into the system from which you want to take the backup.
    • After connecting the backup device you need to go to Start/ Control Panel/ System Maintenance. In the System Maintenance, you need to click on the Backup and Restore and the Backup and Restore window will open.
    • Now you need to click on restore my files button and browse for the folder into the backup device which you want to restore.
    • After selecting the folder which you want to restore you need to click on the restore button and the folder will be restored.