Thread: Where to get newest version of Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP)

Where to get newest version of Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP)

Dear friends,
    I am having third edition of MSTP. I wish to make out that whether some newest version of it is released. If it is available then please tell me that whether it can be downloaded for free. And is there without charge download accessible for some other popular style guides? Please reply as soon as possible. I am waiting for the replies. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Where to get newest version of Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP)

Thank you for posting your query on this forum. I would like to tell you that the MSTP 3rd Edition is the only most current version of it and it is available. I may be wrong but I came to know that the new edition is going to be released in 2011 and that will also be available. You can ensure online to discover who put up for sales the current edition. You can discover both fresh and second-hand books. I hope that this will help you.

Re: Where to get newest version of Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP)

I am also searching for the same thing but not got any latest version other than third edition. Thank you very much for your information on this topic. I have downloaded MSTP 3.0 only some years back and was searching where I can update it. But as of your respond I came to know that edition is still the most recent edition which is in use. Can you also tell me something about accessibility of added popular style guides online for no cost?

I don’t know much about the other manuals but yes if you search nicely on wed then I am sure that you will find many manuals and you can download that. I would like to tell you that many of them need a subscription for downloading. There is one called Chicago Manual on net. I have never seen that but one of my friends told me that it is one of the best one.

Excluding hold up for complete ID VLANs the VLAN database functionality is the identical as earlier versions. The MST mappings were not before hold up however and you have to yourself make them on each device before. They demonstrate which VLANs are divisions of which MSTI. One more VTP version 3 purpose is to describe a chief server that will not recognize updates from some other device. This is predestined to stop VTP bombs. When a control is configured as primary server it broadcast itself on network. The additional VTP devices then generate an access through the MAC of this chief server and decline to recognize update as of any additional device.