Thread: Error code: 0x80070522 while creating file

Error code: 0x80070522 while creating file

I was having Microsoft windows7 operating system installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. Few weeks ago I have purchased a new licensed copy of Kaspersky antivirus to protect my system from malware, adware etc. My system was working fine. Last night I was facing problem with my system. When I used to create a new file I was prevented from creating and I was getting “0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client” error code message. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and create a new file without any problem.

Re: Error code: 0x80070522 while creating file

If you are getting “0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client” error message then you can resolve this error message. You need to follow the steps given below to resolve this error:
    1. You need to go to start/control panel and in the control panel window you need to click on add or remove user accounts.
    2. Add or remove user accounts will show account of all the users. You need to select your account and then click on the change account type button. You need to change the account type to “administrator”.
    3. You need to select run window and type “net user administrator /active: yes” and press the enter key.
    4. After typing the above command you need to log off and now an administrator icon will be added. Now you need to select administrator account to login into the system and the 0x80070522 error message will be resolved.

If you are getting 0x80070522 message and you are prevented from creating files then you need to give the user full permission so that he is able to create file easily. The steps to do the settings are given below:
    • You need to open the my computer by double clicking on it. After opening my computer you need to right click and select C: drive. You need to share the drive by right clicking and then select advanced sharing.
    • Click on permissions button and you need to click on all the checkbox under the permission tab. After giving full permission now the error code 0x80070522 will be resolved and now the user can create the file easily.

I was prevented from creating a new file and an error message was displayed. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have changed the login account of my operating system and now I can easily create file without any problem. I am having a QIC file which is known as backup file and I want to know if I can restore it but I am unaware of the steps to restore it and therefore I need a solution through which I can restore QIC easily.

QIC files are the backup files which are used on used on Windows 95, 98 and ME systems. The steps to restore QIC are given below:
    1. You need to start the system and then go to the Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Backup. In the backup window you need to click on the restore tab.
    2. Click on the folder icon under heading “Restore from” and now you need to browse to the location where you have saved your QIC files.
    3. You need to click on the checkbox next to QIC file which you would like to restore. Now you need to select the location on your hard drive into which you want to restore.
    4. Click on the start button and restore of the QIC files will be started.