Thread: Since windows 7 upgrade PC won't shut down

Since windows 7 upgrade PC won't shut down

The whole thing worked well until the Microsoft windows 7 is upgrade. Now if I attempt to start again or shut down the PC it will run for some times and after that saying that it is shutting down. The just technique to stop it is to let it get to that point and utilize the power button to shut it off. What is my most excellent alternative to correct this?
    Last edited by Maggie Q; 24-12-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Re: 1. Since windows 7 upgrade PC won't shut down

Attempt the following steps to ensure which program is causing this trouble.
    1. First click on the Start.
    2. After that, Click on the Control Panel.
    3. Click on the Performance, Information and Tools.
    4. On the left pane click on the Advanced Tools.
    5. On the upper section of the window, just earlier than “View advanced information regarding your computer’s performance” there is a little part which, in case something is incorrect with Microsoft windows 7, should report the below message: “Programs are causing Windows to shut down bit by bit”
    6. Click on it and locate out which program is slowing down your computer.
    I would suggest you boot Windows into a fresh boot surroundings to build this problem is not being caused by a background program.

Re: Since windows 7 upgrade PC won't shut down

Attempt the following steps:
    1. Click on the start button
    2. Enter cmd in the RUN and at the top of the start menu, right click on the result and choose Run as Admin.
    3. Enter powercfg -energy and push enter
    4. The powercfg function will output any possible power problems. It will compile the outcome in an HTML file. Go discover the file one time it is completed analyzing the system and place the information here.

I just attempted the first two suggestions. Primary one says the whole thing is functioning as it should. Later than start again, attempted both ways, it still locks on shut down. I will defrag overdue last night; it will take a pair of hours to finish. Did defrag, was 5 percent fragmented. Still locks on shut down. I observed a message regarding Windows being registered currently as I was walking into the room. I had just fixed it earlier than it blinked out. Not certain why it would not have registered for the period of the upgrade.

I had established a site in which this trouble was talked about and how to obtain around it. I attempted their tip and no revolutionize. I believe it is my MERC ZBoard. While it was uninstalled my computer started again. Not certain if it was a onetime compact as I have reinstalled it. I might attempt uninstalling it another time and notice what occurs. I newly send an email to their consumer support asking while SteelSeries tactics on updating their drivers.