Thread: How to Maximise the power of Windows 7 for security when running as administrator

How to Maximise the power of Windows 7 for security when running as administrator

I have recently brought a new windows 7 version for my computer. I am pretty much excited about its features. So i wanted to ask how can i add more security features to my system. At the same time be ensured that it does not victimized to the various virus attacks and also the malware attacks present across the network. How to ensure the security while i place my system in the network. So how can i as a administrator prevent such attacks from the outsiders and at the same time ensure a good performance from the system. So you people have any idea then do let me know about it. Please do reply as soon as possible.

Re: How to Maximise the power of Windows7 for security when running as administrator

Well as an administrator you must ensure that you keep your system's firewall ON everytime. Also ensure that the firewall is the latest and also it should be well secured to protect against the latest viruses and block away the latest threats as well as the latest malware's. In the network also you must ensure that the firewall is ON. Firewall prevents the entry of the malwares and also safeguards your system from the various attacks. So first step is to ensure that the system is well protected by the firewall.

Re: How to Maximise the power of Windows 7 for security when running as administrator

As an administrator i would advice you to keep the user control settings on. Preferably this would allow less attacks. Set UAC to max. I would advice you to keep the EnableSecureUIAPaths as ON. This would allow the programs to elevate in the program files. Upon that you to keep the installer detection off. By keeping the installer detection off you can ensure that when running an installer program, windows will not detect it automatically. You will be prompted to run the program manually as the administrator. So this would avoid the shoot in the foot errors to some extent. So do try this it will definitely help you.

Re: How to Maximise the power of Windows 7 for security when running as administrator

If you ask me i would advice you to ensure the security of the existing data in the computer. So i would advice you to enable the DEP feature on and enable it to all the programs. DEP is known as Data Execution Program and they monitor each and every program and also ensure that they use the system memory safely. Also ensure that you disable the feature of the enabling unsigned drivers. See to it that the browsers you use do not give any authorized access to the spams, upon that my recommendation would be to add the heapspray protection to your browser this will ensure better protection. So do take these protective measures it will be beneficial.

I would advice you to turn off the ACL settings in the browser. What this will do is to deny any execution in the directory or the directory where the mails are stored. Upon that ensure your browser does not save any executable files from any network. Add a deny execute option to the browser and this will ensure that the executable files will not get saved in the download section. As these executable files are more prone to have malwares and viruses. So it is better to avoid it. This will ensure a better protection. Hope this was informative for you.